1,301 University of Manchester reviews

• University of Manchester
ACS

University of Manchester

Biomedical Sciences with Industrial / Professional Experience (4 years) BSc (Hons)

This year has been challenging to begin with especially since I have had to learn everything online, but I eventually learned how to manage my workload and time effectively.

Bethany

Music BMus (Hons)

Obviously not ideal because I do a practical course and everything is online but the uni have tried their best to translate things online and make our experience worthwhile. However- am not receiving what I payed for as I study music.

Patrik

University of Manchester

Mathematics and Statistics BSc (Hons)

Despite the challenges of COVID-19 the university has overall done a good job of making such drastic change to online learning. However I believe there have been errors in the way some things have been altered to online learning, including giving more work than in past years.

Clinton

University of Manchester

Aerospace Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng (Hons)

Emily enjoyed my first term especially. Fourth year wasn’t as enjoyable as the previous years because of the pandemic however I was fortunate enough to be in an accommodation that encouraged social interactions and get-togethers

Sara

University of Manchester

while the teachers have been excellent at adjusting to online teaching, it definitely has its limits. Without the extensive lab equipment and facilities I am paying 9250£ to access, I cannot say that I am getting value for money. The support has been sub-par, and there are, obviously, no in person society events to socialise. While it has been a good year considering the circumstances, it was an absolutely awful year in general. I would appreciate the MacBook Pro, I have been needing a new one.

Racheal

Medicine MB ChB

It has been okay. The teaching has been excellent. However, reduced access to libraries and little to no face to face teaching has made this what increasingly difficult. Whilst I commend the efforts of the university, online teaching is not as good as face to face teaching, and for that reason, I would say that my time at university over this past year ( during the pandemic) has not been worth the full amount of money I paid.

Maddy

Dentistry (BDS first-year entry) BDS

Was much better pre-Covid but has recently been a very negative experience. In previous years we have had good clinical contact and support. However online learning is not very good, we have been expected to self teach from power points with no audio.

Dhruva

University of Manchester

Mechanical Engineering MEng (Hons)

Academically, the university could have done better. Lecturers could have had better support to teach students better and lecturers should have been moderated on their progress or experience in shifting online. The universities no disadvantage policy is also both that helpful as a lot of assignments are not covered under it

Thomas

University of Manchester

I have really enjoyed my 2 years at the University of Manchester as I have trialled every sport you can think of, attended a vast range of different societies, met people from every background of life and every corner of the world. The university "life" is amazing with the city centre being close but the student campus feeling a big part of the world you live in, sometimes I forget I'm even in the city. Also, the teaching is world class getting taught by huge names who make ripples in the real industry world.

University of Manchester

MSc Human Resource Management (International Development)

This particular academic year has been relatively challenging owing to pandemic.However, the University has arranged everything so nicely that we didnt experience any difficulties with our studies .Ofcourse the use if technology did facilitate the process.