University of Manchester

1,477 University of Manchester reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• University of Manchester
MS
Maha Stephen
FIRST YEAR

Pharmacy with a Foundation Year MPharm (Hons)

I think overall I can’t talk too much about student life at Manchester because I personally haven’t been able to make any friends from Uni. That might be because I travel quite a distance to get to uni and so I don’t get time to hang around after lectures, however in my foundation year I did stay in Manchester and so I think there wasn’t enough opportunities from the university to make friends easily and now mid year it seems to be impossible. I do like how the campus is set out and how efficient and useful the facilities are. I do know that student life is quite good in the sense of clubs and societies however every society I have been interested in has not be running perhaps post COVID

Reviewed: 19 March 2022
RY
Rebecca Yeates
THIRD YEAR

Adult Nursing BNurs (Hons)

Great city, huge campus with soo many facilities. Lecturers are either great or awful though.

Reviewed: 17 March 2022
HW
Hannah Walton

MSc Biomedical Egyptology

The University of Manchester definitely has great facilities that students have access to such as support, academically and/or in terms of wellbeing. I feel that there could be more support for students who are living and studying off-campus by including them in events - e.g. virtual events/societies - and ensuring that they are able to access the same facilities and support that on-campus students can access.

Reviewed: 16 March 2022
GH
Gavin Heggie
FIRST YEAR

Information Technology Management for Business (ITMB) BSc (Hons)

I think the course is super useful and the lecturer we have a deep knowledge base and are passionate about their respective subjects

Reviewed: 15 March 2022
AV
Aryan V

Physics BSc (Hons)

Living at home for the first year and the uni really made adapting to uni life extremely easy- strong support for students of all backgrounds. Excellent physics department with a good spread of lecturers. A lot of nice clubs and restaurants and the student like is the best of any university in the U.K. par London.

Reviewed: 15 March 2022
RH
Rosie Howard

Accounting and Finance BAECOM

Great staff with a variety of different teaching techniques, with incredible communication and support to ensure we are doing our best

Reviewed: 12 March 2022
Kayley
FIRST YEAR

Pharmacology with Industrial/Professional Experience (4 years) BSc (Hons)

The location of the university is very convenient with good transport links to accommodation and into the city. The lecturers are passionate about what they teach and offer loads of resources and time to help. Due to COVID-19 a lot of learning is still being done online so they could improve on moving more lectures to in person.

MK
Manushri Karwa
FIRST YEAR

Biochemistry with Industrial/Professional Experience (4 years) BSc (Hons)

Once you make friends and have people you genuinely like, exploring and going out in this city is phenomenal. It was hard making friends at first because of the accommodation I was placed in, however, things have improved. The University has some amazing facilities and there’s so much to explore. Everything’s basically on a straight road and there’s absolutely no way you can get lost in my opinion. One thing that could be better however is more in-person lectures/sessions. I understand COVID has changed a lot in these past two years but I’d like to see a more interaction.

UO
Uyi Okunbor
SECOND YEAR

Civil Engineering MEng (Hons)

Manchester is a great student town and there’s so much to do. Fast paced but still leaves space to breathe. Probably my favourite city ever.

EA
Erin Alexander
THIRD YEAR

Law with Politics LLB (Hons)

Lecturers are really supportive, a lot of buildings need updating.

Reviewed: 08 March 2022