1,301 University of Manchester reviews

• University of Manchester
Georgia

University of Manchester

Fashion Buying & Merchandising BSc (Hons)

Overall Uni is great, the halls in first year need re investing as they are closer to prison cells than liveable halls. Lecturers can be supportive however there are a few that aren’t as supportive. Most of the face to face sessions are recaps of the videos we’ve already watched which is great for revision however they drag.

Anon

University of Manchester

Chemical Engineering with Industrial Experience MEng (Hons)

Great uni with tough content they teach, the course is amazing and teaches you a lot you can use in future, no complaints and I think some others may be a bit harsh

Louise

Geography BSc (Hons)

I have hated this year! Online exams don’t work, uni leadership does not stand with its students. I would actively discourage people not to come to this uni! I feel that my grades have suffered and no policy the uni has put in place has benefitted me. Also, it’s not been worth the money!

Amy

University of Manchester

The experience this year was far from the same as previous years. I didn’t think that we were offered as much support as we should have been during the pandemic. Not always the individual lecturers fault, but I don’t think this year has been worth the full amount at all.

Zoe

MSc by Research Theoretical Physics

The course is very interesting and challenging however I think this year it has been badly taught. Most of the online lectures do not go into the detail nessersary to answer questions. The other facilities of the uni which have heightened my experience are the sports teams. The sporting facilities are very good here. The libary and other study spaces are also very nice.

Georgia

University of Manchester

International Business, Finance and Economics with Industrial/Professional Experience BSc (Hons)

Overall, for my final year I have enjoyed this academic year. I have preferred it to previous years and have found that because everything is online, there are more resources and other services are more easily accessible. There has been no hassle of booking appointments in places and offices which I am less familiar with, buying overpriced campus food and wasting time getting the bus to campus and moving between lecture locations. All contacts are only an email or zoom meeting away, which has been ideal for fitting around study. However, I do not think that the pice of this year should still be £9,250, as it has been all online.

University of Manchester

Management with Industrial/Professional Experience BSc (Hons)

Despite all the mostly amazing staff and University support services, my university life has been lowered to 3 starts because Covid has stopped me from meeting my fellow course mates and from joining student societies to meet people from other courses. Also, I have not been able to enjoy the university’s facilities for more than a week because a bit before the October 2020 lockdown was announced, I came back to Brazil to study remotely as all my classe have been transferred to online learning (and my academic year will finish 100% online). However, if it wasn’t for Covid I believe my student experience would be a 5 stars one! Despite the rainy weather, Manchester is a great city with friendly people, with lots going on (without Covid) and with great transport links within the city and to other big cities in England such as Liverpool, Birmingham and London.

najla

Environmental Science BSc

obviously there are many things the department would've like to do but have no control over, but still i can't help but wonder if the international student rate my parents have been paying this year was worth it. i understand and sympathize that there are many things out of anyone's control, but still feel like there could have been at least more communication from the university's behalf regarding our learning situations and also more leniency regarding our courseworks and overall performance. i don't know how i will be able to justify the tuition fee this year as i feel only a small fraction of the things promised to us have been delivered.

Erin

University of Manchester

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

Corona virus has obviously disrupted studies significantly, however I feel my friends at different unis have had more support and more in person contact hours. University of Manchester has not adequately supported students given almost no in contact hours (despite studying a course that requires labs). Due to this I feel like I have very limited experience and have not learnt much that couldn’t be found of a quick google.

Seanette

University of Manchester

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

It's been quite difficult learning online. I find it hard to concentrate, especially because the lectures are not streamed online live, which makes it harder for me to stay focused and ensure I am on top of my work. The limited available facilities is also an issue that I've faced, making it hard for me to access books, printing services and WiFi occasionally when needed.