University of Manchester

1,477 University of Manchester reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• University of Manchester
32440 reviews

Fashion and Textile Retailing BSc (Hons)

Everyone should come to Manchester! It’s great fun, and there’s a lot to do all the time. Even though you have to work really hard to get in and need to get the grades, once you’re here it’s totally worth it. I’d say to anyone wanting to come here it’s really important to have a unique personal statement, don’t just say you’re ‘passionate’, you have to write something that really shows you stand out from the crowd, and why you’d be better here than other applicants.

Reviewed: 31 January 2014
32440 reviews

Mechatronic Engineering with Industrial Experience (4 years) BEng (Hons)

Manchester uni has been a really great choice for me, I started studying physics last year but decided to change to mechatronics, and they made the whole process really easy with no hassle. Because of that I’d recommend making sure you’re very enthusiastic about the course you’ve chosen before you apply for it, even though Manchester made it really easy for me to change. Also the place itself is really amazing to be as a student, there’s always socials and events going on, and Fallowfield is almost entirely students so it’s easy to meet people.

Reviewed: 31 January 2014

Arabic Studies BA (Hons)

Manchester uni is ideal as it has a wide range of courses, good lecturers and facilities which are really useful. The nightlife in Manchester for me is almost unrivalled too.

Reviewed: 30 October 2013
32440 reviews

Biomedical Sciences BSc (Hons)

The course is fantastic with a good range of module choices available in the first semester. The university facilities are a very high standard with a great number of available university computers at any time. City life in Manchester is absolutely brilliant with plenty of bars, clubs and other attractions to try!

Reviewed: 29 October 2013