University of Lincoln | Student Reviews

1,180 University of Lincoln reviews

• University of Lincoln
Jayant

Robotics and Autonomous Systems MSc

My experience so far has been excellent. The most important thing was being around people who are driving their respective fields forward with their research, which is very motivating. The course is well planned and I am very optimistic about my future.

There are weekly guest lectures from academics working in my field and also industry partners. We can choose to work on a project with them which could potentially even lead to a job opportunity.

The course content all falls into place really well. The modules are very complementary each semester. Instead of working on isolated topics, I get to see everything come together quite nicely. My current modules are Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Advanced Robotics and Frontiers of Robotics Research. One thing that could be improved is that some modules have assignments that require knowledge of topics that are taught near the end of the semester which doesn't leave much time to come up with the best solution to the given problem.

The students union is quite active and I follow their Instagram page which is a good way to get notified of any events they organise. The SU also runs a couple of bars and pubs in the campus which are a great place to hang out. The Swan in particular hosts games and quizzes which are quite fun. Other than the activities the SU also helps with any problems that students face. But, I personally haven't needed that yet.

How good are your university’s facilities?

- The labs have computers powerful enough to run the robot environment simulations I need. - There are teams working on real robots in the field of agriculture, elderly care, manipulation, transportation etc. - I have participated in studies in sports and their labs are quite good too. There's have a Human Performance Centre with labs for testing sports performance. - As part of another study I participated in, I used a Body Composition Analyser which was very interesting. They also has a 3D body scanner. Overall students have access to some pretty interesting equipment and facilities learning and conducting studies with.

Lincoln is quite calm and the people are nice. The University is near the centre of the city so most places are within walking distance. There's a really nice Cathedral, a Castle and also a Museum which are quite fun to visit. There are also some pretty good restaurants, pubs and clubs.

There are a bunch of clubs and societies like rowing but I don't participate so I don't know much about them. I have seen the university post about the teams going out to compete.

The tutors are very interactive and its quite easy to get a hold of them for any problems that I may have. The Library also has subject experts who are there to help with any course related help we may need. There's also counselling facilities for students but I haven't needed them so I don't know much about that.

Kate

Marketing MSc

Positive, my undergrad was very structured and fun while I was a full time student. Since I have been part time and working a part time job it has been much more stressful. The university does not support or cater to part time students which is very disappointing.

Calista

University of Lincoln

Advertising and Marketing BA (Hons)

I couldn't have gone anywhere else. Lincoln has got better and better since I've been here and starting gaining a reall good reputation for a top 20 UK uni. Definitely the best years of my life with career support, sports facilities, on-site gym, regular events and a great city life.

YK
Yiqian kang

Project Management MSc

I have many great time here. I love this university. The course is really good and satisfied. I give the course 5 stars and hope many come here to study more and more

Charles

University of Lincoln

It has been fantastic so far. I am really enjoying my course and have really taken advantage of what the university has to offer I’m terms of extra curricular activities

Adam

University of Lincoln

Sport and Exercise Science BSc (Hons)

The course has improved during my third year due to more hands on experience. The area of Lincoln is a good area however missing leisure experiences. The accommodation is becoming a bit dated (privately owned). Sport and societies are accessible however, not fully combined with courses to allow full participation.

Abel

Accounting MSc

The university is very much what I had expected. I am loving the time in here. I am enjoying the staff and student support system. The course is arranged in such a way that it is enjoyable.

Ashwin

Accounting and Finance MSc

The university has taken goodcare of us and is one of the best business schools in the world . I am greatful that i got this opportunity to study in the university.

University of Lincoln

International Relations BA (Hons)

Tutor are good. But sometimes they do not give feedback.i do know what should I write. This university is great excellent awesome. I love my university, it is nice

Curtis

University of Lincoln

Drama and Theatre BA (Hons)

Pretty good. I’ve met lots of new friends and done things I wouldn’t have ever had the opportunity to do elsewhere. My course has taught me a lot about the subject and how I can become an employable graduate.