738 The University of Law reviews

• The University of Law
Cassius

Corporate Governance Grad ICSA LLM

Tough one. The experience of taking the course has been pretty good. But given that failing the coursework would have serious implications, the experience of being expected to complete coursework alongside continuing tuition has not been a positive experience.

Tamzin

LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated

The course has been great but the lack of facilities has caused so much stress that the bad outweighs the good. Online learning has also just been bad for the experience and I definitely think it has effected the value for money.

Serena

LLB (Hons) Law

I have liked my first year at uni despite the pandemic and the restrictions it caused. I have been able to meet a lot of new people and the students that I know are all amiable and helpful if I am struggling with the course

Maxine

LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated

It’s been a difficult year. The adjustment to the online classes has been incredibly difficult. Technically problems from both ends have hindered our learning . Whilst this isn’t anyone’s fault, I’m not getting the quality education I need and am paying for. It’s just not as effective as face to face reaching and makes it hard to take in what is being taught to me. However my tutors have made themselves available at all times for any issues or questions I might have.

Silvana

LLB (Hons) Law with Foundation Year

I am more than satisfied and happy from my university. I recommend it to all of my friends who are applying to University. The teaching is excellent, people are very friendly and the environment is great!

Ryan

Legal Practice Course LPC

I enjoy studying at the university of law and working from home through the pandemic has been great with not having to travel in to campus and wear a face mask while you’re there. You have access to all recorded lectures and workshops beforehand too which is really useful for revision also.

Natalie

Legal Practice Course LPC - Accelerated

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE HOW BAD THEIR ONLINE ASSESSMENT SYSTEM IS. 2021 is a difficult year but the Respondus system Ulaw uses is highly inadequate for our Solicitors Account exam. Parts of my answer did not and could not save (as shown during the exam) but I was informed by the assessment team no to worry about it. After somewhat two weeks after the exam, I was told that parts of my answer DID NOT SAVE. They are now offering me to redo the exam, thanks a lot. They had already known the problem as many students have already complained about it before the exam, but they refused to do anything about it. A few other students are also experiencing this problem but they are not even replying to our emails asking for more information. I am extremely unhappy about the exam arrangement and how they have not dealt with the problem properly.

Erlisa

Legal Practice Course LPC

One step closer to becoming a lawyer, I wish we weren’t online as it’s harder to work and I feel like we miss out on a lot of important opportunities to learn in class. I also wish the fees were changed in this period as we pay so much for it to be online.

Kayleigh

Legal Practice Course LPC

Really enjoyed my time at the university of law. Good facilities and friendly staff, who are all very approachable. The transition to online teaching was smooth and all text books were sent to my home address quickly and promptly.

Lauren

LLB (Hons) Law

The university of law was my second ‘back up’ choice for uni, (my first being Cardiff university) and I am so glad things worked out the way they did. Everything really does happen for a reason, and I’m super happy and confident with my studies and career