The University of Law | Student Reviews

308 The University of Law reviews

• The University of Law
Sadiah

MA Law

It has been great. I would have preferred ideally to be studying full time, both London campuses are situated in really desirable locations, that are student friendly. I'm enjoying it, despite the stresses of life, I am glad to have chosen the University of Law

Joseph

Legal Practice Course LPC

An outstanding university experience across the board. This uni has a very professional feel, provides superb tuition and gives you the opportunity to meet numerous like-minded individuals.

Douglas

The University of Law

I do not feel that I have been at the University of Law for a long enough time frame to adequately answer this question. So far, I have enjoyed my time, but I feel that there could be more social opportunities

V
Victoria

LLB (Hons) Law Accelerated

If you stay focused and on top of work you will get by. The recent exam period in my opinion was badly planned as we had 2 of the hardest exams 1 day a part when we had approx 4 or 5 weeks off for study. Tutors very knowledgeable, course structure good.

Lukas

Legal Practice Course LPC - Accelerated

University of Law places great importance on the individual students and the courses are taught by great professionals. The clear explanation of the material helps us become great lawyers and it prepared me very well for the current role of trainee solicitor.

LLB (Hons) Law

Overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed my experience thus far. The university has managed to focus on the practical aspect of practice. This means that before each workshop, we are required to do preparation reading and answer prep questions which are based on real life issues. The reading supplements the questions which we then discuss in detail with our workshop tutors. The tutors are very helpful since they are themselves qualified solicitors or barristers. This means that we often get to hear about their first hand experiences from practice. This emphasis on commercial awareness prepares students very well for interviews.

Bex

Legal Practice Course LPC - Accelerated

It's been tough, but as good can it can be. My biggest fault of the University is the facilities, especially compared to my undergraduate university. The University is also not eco friendly, I have not seen a single recycling bin!

Pri

The University of Law

So far it has been good. I would prefer to have more classes because as a weekend student you get taught once every 3 weeks which is not enough! I would also appreciate if exams were on weekends as a majority of the part-time weekend students are employed full-time which makes it difficult to request AL all the time. The full-time students are clearly not employed during the week and therefore we should be the ones catered to.

HML

The University of Law

Efficient, mostly positive. Little bit like a factory feel but have met some great people. Doing GDL full time is really hard, specifically the first few months, but it is rewarding.

Alexandra

The University of Law

Not too bad but the course is very stressfull. The university has good careers facilities and good teaching staff. It’s a very good university to go too to study the BPTC