University of Hertfordshire

1,625 University of Hertfordshire reviews

• University of Hertfordshire

I am currently loving university life. Although, at the moment, university life could be better because of the study abroad office not being as helpful as they should be. I would give advice to future students to prepare really well and have the confidence to ask questions in lectures.

I love studying in university and love my course and how it is structured. University Students’ Union plays a big role in helping out students so more authorities should be given to SU for a better student’s life and everything.

Business Management BA (Hons)

This University has a great night life, as well as many day time activities and societies you can join. The university gives you a peace of mind when you are not out partying, with its quiet and relaxing environment. If there is any advice I could give to prospective students it would be to try everything the university has to offer you in your first year because you only live life once and you should make the most of it.

The university is fairly good, however, the surrounding town is awful. It’s not well kept, and there are rough people in Hatfield. I don’t feel safe by myself when walking around Hatfield. I enjoy the Elehouse and the Forum is good with some good acts playing. My lecturers are mostly helpful and I know how to contact them if needed. I would say if the uni was in a nice city with more things to do, it would be better.

Education Studies and Early Years BA (Hons)

For me it worked; I spent very little time in lectures which at first seemed like a waste of £9,000 but it meant I got to work alongside my degree in a school and it’s my work there that has landed me a job after uni sooooo, yeah, I can’t really complain.

Pharmaceutical Science BSc (Hons)

University has changed my life. I have turned more mature and more organised than I was before coming here. I have made some valuable friends and made beautiful memories that will last forever. I have also learned about the working adult world and gained valuable skills and knowledge to have a successful career. An advice for students will be to love the course you’re doing, or else you can never really learn anything from your degree. And have the best time of your life while being here!

My university experience has been well good! I have had the best time at Herts, met some amazing, sick people and got some bare good grades to boot. The facilities are like legit as anything and you feel like a modern student with the equipment. My advice: - Don’t get isolated, get freakin’ involved bro! - Work hard and remember why you’re there - Dare to dream

Sports Therapy BSc (Hons)

I love studying at Herts Uni. Its harder for commuters to settle in but when I lived on campus I thought the area was safe, atmosphere was great and there was loads of different types of people to mingle with. Accommodation is good on de Hav and off campus, just quite expensive! If it was cheaper I’d give 5/5!! My course lecturers are great at what they do and engage us students to get the best of our experience. The buildings are progressing so in 5 years when everything is built, attractiveness of the uni would be 5/5!

Human Geography MPhil

The uni and its facilities, such as the Sports Village and Learning Resource Centres are great, it’s just a shame the uni is in Hatfield! The on campus accommodation is good and if you get in early the off-campus accommodation is good too. The majority of lectures and lecturers are interesting and helpful and the standard improves year on year. My advice would be to get involved! Especially with the societies and sports, it makes your uni life a lot better!

Business Economics BA (Hons)

I think the University of Hertfordshire is a decent university. Nothing that stands out as ‘fantastic’ but it’s not a terrible uni either. As an economics student I can only really speak about that department but I can say the teaching and face time is of a very high standard. The area isn’t particularly lively but there are places to go out and eat or party and it’s a very short train ride from London. The facilities are great, the Business and Law school is beautiful and modern. I’d recommend it.