1,254 University of Greenwich reviews

• University of Greenwich
Kelly

University of Greenwich

Advertising and Digital Marketing Communications BA (Hons)

Uni is a necessirty but don't expect to see the value of your £9k a year. Lecturers never had the time to review work, nor would they ever run sessions when they set assignments that made no sense. in fact, they were the worst when it came to this. When all the students don't know what you're asking for, maybe run another session rather than being on holiday?

University of Greenwich

Greenwich is definitely an underrated university. I have loved and disliked every bit of it at the same time. The campus is amazing and you will meet lots of great people. There are lots of societies that will make you feel welcomed as a 1st year uni. However, the university is far from prestigious. It is not the kind of environment where you will meet students whose minds have similar workings like Mark Zuckerberg or Stephen Hawking, most of the students here are free-spirited people who are not academically conventional or messed up on their exams and love to have fun and party, so you will find many outgoing people at Greenwich. But it is definitely far from an innovative[ly] stimulating environment, but not to say that once in a while you won’t meet extremely passionate people you know will make it big and far, because you will. As someone who came from a prestigious school with people going on to attend unis like LSE, UCL, Cornell, UC Berkeley, Imperial, Columbia, there are undoubtedly pros and cons to the lecturers and negative remarks I can complain about the system, but Greenwich is really what you make out of it. Because the university is situated in London, a lot of the lecturers are also visiting lecturers in the other top London unis like SOAS so you will find very highly qualified and good lecturers among terrible ones. Overall, you can have a great time in this university as long as you are active in the Student Union; be part of societies, meet lots of people, go to all the events and take all the opportunities Greenwich gives. People often complain about the university not helping in employability or skills but university is not about where you are placed but what you make of it. If you know the potential that you have, even with the lack of mentoring on skills and employability that Greenwich may bring, you can try to be a helpful asset to your cohort and try to reach out your maximum ways to gain employability and grow your networking during your time at university.

Maria

University of Greenwich

Events Management BA (Hons)

So far my experience at the University of Greenwich has been great. I made lots of new friends and in general the vibe around the campus is great. The University has one of the biggest international community globally (a big big plus in my opinion!) and you can definitely see it just by walking around the area.

Becca

University of Greenwich

I have really enjoyed my time at university so far. I'm so glad I chose the university I did. The only thing that has caused any bad stress is the number of assignments I have due within a short period of time

Jemma

University of Greenwich

Criminology and Criminal Psychology BSc (Hons)

University has been a very different experience to how I had envisaged it, but only for the better! The course is very interesting, more so than I’d imagined! Very good experience

Olaf

University of Greenwich

Electrical and Electronic Engineering BEng (Hons)

My university experience so far is satisfying, rewarding, providing the right kind of challenge. I am happy with my studies. In addition to my academic studies I am involved in the Student Ambassador work, which gives me a wealth of communication opportunities while providing a flexible paid position.

Lorenzo

Science Research PhD

Good experience, good location and experimental facilities. The Generator at Cooper Building is especially good at providing me with lots of information amd support on how to create a business.

Fatimah

University of Greenwich

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

My university experience has been decent. The teaching and lecture style could have been better as many lecturers don’t know how to teach or even take students opinion into consideration. The facilities are good enough but the coach between campuses should be free and provide more times to travel

Jemma

University of Greenwich

Criminology and Criminal Psychology BSc (Hons)

I’ve enjoyed it a lot. Been extremely different to my expectations held at first of university, but the course has exceeded my previously held expectations. Good!

University of Greenwich

Accounting and Finance BA (Hons)

Student Union lets the whole university down. Seems to be focussed on white students. The business school is amazing, Other faculties not so much. Would be nice to have clear markings on dietry requirements at the cafe