University of Gloucestershire | Student Reviews

2,545 University of Gloucestershire reviews

• University of Gloucestershire
Marie-Ann

Events Management (4 years with placement) BA (Hons)

My over all uni experience so far has been fun useful and worth while. I’ve learned about a lot of stuff that I’ve wanted to. Made friends and feel as though my grades are good and I’m working hard at what I need to. There are struggles of having to work alongside my studies as that can impact on my uni work. However I need to work so I can earn money for food and time with friends

Film Production BA (Hons)

It's been great I've learnt so much from both being in lectures and meeting new people. The all-round experience has been life-changing. Pushing yourself is the most important part, nothing happens unless you do it, just go for it.

Grace

Events Management (4 years with placement) BA (Hons)

My experience of University so far has been amazing. I have made so many new friends, explored a new town independant of my parents and have become so much more confident in myself. At the start of this journey I did not think it would be easy to be away from family, friends and partners and it was not but my personal tutor and people i have met along the way have made it a lot easier by supporting me. My university assigns a tutor to you who is there through all your years at uni and personally I think that it is the best thing that a uni could do because everyone struggles with something and the tutor is there to talk to if you need help. I have loved being at uni so far and can not wait to see what else it has to offer as everyday I find something new about myself and grow as an individual that makes me a stronger, more capable, confident and happy person.

University of Gloucestershire

Sports Journalism BA (Hons)

My experience so far has been life changing and I have enjoyed every minute of it both from a social aspect but also academic. The teaching and resources are second to none and there are so many social events on which means you are rarely bored. I have really enjoyed my time here so far.

NA

Events Management (4 years with placement) BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed UOG: but more because of the friends I have made, the places I have been to and the surrounding areas are lovely, I even plan to move to Gloucester full time, after graduation - following a job offer. However, my experience of the uni has not met expectations. There are numerous ways they could improve : from things such as GLOUCESTER based events, additional courses added such as first aid, more placement support. The SU needs to produce a decent formal ball, how can some unis offer both a winter and summer ball and our summer ball gets cancelled - ask your audience what they want, why they didn't attend - don't assume. People don't want a social evening where you can go in shorts and wellies: we do themes like that every week in moo moos for socials, we want a formal thing where we can wear a nice dress etc.

Ceilidh

Film Production BA (Hons)

A period of self discovery in learning where I can be expressive and feel heard. Love how I've been able to compete in a safe environment, pitch to large groups and get really involved in the creative process.

Aaron

Sports Therapy MSc

So far my university experience has had its ups and downs. The main highs would be passing through first year with a decent grade and meeting new people which no doubt will go on to become life long friends. The biggest low point I’ve personally faced would probably be experiencing this without my family.

Isaac

Film Production BA (Hons)

Its been a mixed bag but its getting better as time goes on. In the first year living at home i felt disconnect but now i live in the city i feel a lot more at home and closer to people.

Sophie

MSc Forensic Psychology

My overall University experience has been very good. I did my Undergrad at this uni too and carried on my experience. I think there is a lot of services that are beneficial to me. The University helps me to develop not only my knowledge but myself as well. Pushing my boundaries and learning about new possibilities that I can achieve.

Kelsey

University of Gloucestershire

Animal Biology BSc (Hons)

My university experience has been nothing like I expected before I came! I’ve made friendships with amazing people that I wouldn’t have met without coming here! I’m in my third year now and although it is tough academically, I don’t want it to end because I’ll have to move out and away from some of my best friends! In terms of university, I surprise myself all the time when I actually finish a piece of work, as before I start, it feels impossible! The university has offered me experiences I’ll never forget, with the main highlight of my whole university experience being the opportunity to visit Borneo and see orangutans and many other beautiful species in the wild tropical rainforest!