2,651 University of Gloucestershire reviews

• University of Gloucestershire
Lettuce

Journalism BA (Hons)

They talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. No account of mental health is accounted for, the charter for students is not adhered to, emails aren’t answered within 48 hours and if you raise concerns you are dismissed.

Beth

University of Gloucestershire

Overall, this year has been a lot tougher than previous years, however, I do think that the University of Gloucestershire handled the pandemic very well by doing blended lectures when possible with the guidelines. As a marketing student I knew it wasn’t essential for me to be in-person so was glad to nursing students etc got prioritised! Lecturers have been very supportive throughout the course of the year and being part of my unis marketing society has allowed me to gain lots of experience in the sector I wish to go into in the future. I missed a uni trip due to the pandemic which I was devastated about and this also made certain assignments more difficult but the lecturers did their best to provide the same experience.

Lauren

Working with Children, Young People and Families CertHE

Overall, it's good content but there is more independent learning to get full understanding than would've been if it was on campus. I think the learning would've been easier with more placement time which hasn't been possible due to Covid.

Jack

University of Gloucestershire

Being a healthcare course, we have done very little remote learning, and it has mostly been contact learning plus placements. Whilst on campus, the staff have been fantastic at providing a covid safe environment whilst also ensuring our learning needs are met.

Eleanor

Geography BA (Hons)

Despite the difficult year, I have had a great start to uni life and can’t wait to see what the next two years will be like. The social and academic sides have been great so far. I’m hoping that with the lessening of restrictions I will be able to experience the true student experience and feel more connected to the uni’s community.

Katie

University of Gloucestershire

Ecology and Environmental Science BSc (Hons)

I love this uni so much I’m continuing on past my bachelors and doing a masters there. It’s been an amazing experience and really prepared me for the outside world

Kayleigh

University of Gloucestershire

The teams around the university have been amazing and I haven’t really got 1 bad thing to say. I’ve always felt supported and am looking forward to 2 more years.

University of Gloucestershire

Very well organized, fast improving! It’s a very nice experience studying here. Courses are well managed even in COVID times, everything worked out better than expected. Professors support very well and do their best. The information policy is excellent - most of the informations are sent with reminders. There is a nice student app containing all informstion you need about your courses, student records or library loans etc.

Education BA (Hons)

Poor support, one of the reasons I decided on this university was it seemed to care about students . When in reality only a select few. On multiple occasions I reached out to helpzone and other services to get support for my health and studies i.e complain or general advice or guidance. Not much was done. For example, oh you need a drs letter to access this service , but we won't support you with this or won't refer you to temporary counciling even though we say all student can access such service. Lack of understanding when things occur that impact studies, oh well you can retake but have to pay and only can't get a pass grade or oh all student are experiencing the same thing currently due to Covid so nothing we will do, despite you submitting evidence of you having to change your dissertation, you being I'll, you dissertation tutor not communicating with you at all during the pandemic, you parent and family members having to shield so you have had to help them,.we know you have a disability and mental health too. There is so much more I can write but I am writing this in my phone . Overall, unsupportive university which did impact my health and in turn my grades. I've always had mental health issues, but when I've had good support or understanding both professionally and socially I've been able to thrive. At uni my health was at its most lowest both mental and physical. I just felt helpless and now I've left I'm so happy. The only things I miss is friends, some lectures and the food.

University of Gloucestershire

Absolutely warm welcome which isn't always given. Pretty good staff taking care of everything and fast responding. Very good and professional feeling studying here.