University of Glasgow

3,302 University of Glasgow reviews

• University of Glasgow
Sarah

Museum Studies MSc

Studying here is possibly one of the worst decisions of my life, especially as an EU student this was my last chance to study without the insane fees (thanks Brexit). I'm really not exaggerating when I say this university and the course contributed to the state of my mental health being at its absolute worst.

2 people found this helpful

LD
Lewis Deighan

Theoretical Physics BSc (Hons)

It is difficult for me to comment on many areas as most of my learning has been online, but in general in person and online is done well with many resources supplied. One criticism I have is for one of my courses(matsh1) there I a little too much continuous assessment leaving less time to get my head around and process what I have just learned, but on the whole good.

TG
T G

English Literature/Philosophy MA (Hons)

Really awful University. The course is still online even though coronavirus restrictions have been lifted. Feedback on essays is not helpful, once received a one-word comment on a 1500-word essay. They don't care about you as a student, just want your money. Definitely avoid

CA
Caitlyn Agnew
First gen student

Environmental Geoscience BSc (Hons)

The best aspect of the university is the campus. It is so scenic and historical, it's great to walk around and look at. There are also a great number of opportunities to get involved with the uni, as there are so many clubs and societies. The worst aspect of the university is the communication between some lecturers and students. We are often informed of essential information at the very last moment which is unhelpful.

CR
Ciara Richmond

Data Analytics MSc

Glasgow is an amazing university city, the university life side of things is amazing which such good clubs and societies. I don't think UoG have necessarily dealt with covid the best. I've heard that a lot of unis have had a better reaction to covid than UoG have.

Harry

Computer Systems Engineering MSc

KH
Kirsty Hamilton

English Language & Linguistics/Philosophy MA (Hons)

Glasgow is a great uni overall, the location, and the teaching staff are all so lovely and helpful and willing to put in extra effort above and beyond for their subject. The only thing I wish was different is the available study spaces. I live at home, away from campus so on days I have classes I want to work on assignments and essays on campus, to cut down on travelling times, but finding somewhere to work is really difficult every single time. Furthermore, the new JMS building is great and has extra study spaces, but there's a lot of wasted space in it, and a lack of plug points on level 1.

OS
Orla Sonvico
First gen student

Software Engineering BSc (Hons)

Loads of places to study if you don't like sitting at home. There could be more done to include students who haven't left home to come to uni - miss out a lot on the uni experience.

LP
Lorna Paterson

English Literature MA (Hons)

N/A

LC
Lewis Cowan

Neuroscience BSc (Hons)

Very good help from staff especially since being online.