University of Glasgow | Student Reviews

3,201 University of Glasgow reviews

• University of Glasgow
Ellen

University of Glasgow

Politics (SocSci) MA (Hons)

My overall experience at uni this year specifically has been pretty poor, but I still like my course, I just wish that we had been offered more support and had not been led to believe over summer that in person teaching would be offered this year as it has not been. Overall, I enjoy studying and I like my course but this is mainly motivated by my own interests, not so much what the uni has offered me this year.

Kirsty

University of Glasgow

English Literature MA (Hons)

This year at university has been particularly strange, and I am not sure the most has been made out of the online format. Indeed, there has been minimal support and some issues have sprung up as a result of miscommunication. The course content was generally interesting though!

Ada

Veterinary Medicine BVMS

I didn’t really enjoying everything being online. I know lectures tried to make is as best of an experience as they could but it just wasn’t the same quality of teaching.

V
Veronika

German MA (Hons)

Overall my university has done really well throughout the years, but especially this last year. The online classes were well handled and the staff was great and very very supportive and helpful.

Education (Primary) PGDE

I have had a great year at the University of Glasgow. My course is usually on campus Mon-Fri, 9-5 so this year it is very apparent that tutors have worked very hard to create a well thought out and engaging online course.

Jasmin

University of Glasgow

Film and Television Studies MA (Hons)

Loved my time at University of Glasgow. Film and tv course could definitely be better organised and have more practical course options for film making etc but otherwise has taught me a lot.

Oliver

University of Glasgow

Computing Science BSc (Hons)

A great majority of staff has given their best efforts to deliver good quality teaching throughout the pandemic. I think that given the circumstances, the university overall did a good job at this, even though it felt like there was a general fatigue creeping in during the second semester. The university has provided a number of offers and opportunity to counteract the surplus of time spent in front of the computer, like outdoors clubs who meet regularly in small groups.

Electronics and Electrical Engineering MSc

Had i known that Covid will still be a thing post September, i would have deferred. Not remotely worth the money, even with the alumni discount. Online university is not worth the money that you have to pay for it, it is not remotely close to the experience that you get in normal times. Everything that was ever fun about the university experience was taken away, and left with just the responsibilities.

OM
Orla Mclaughlin

Philosophy/Psychology MA (Hons)

Studied psycgology and philsophy, would not choose glasgow again. Philosophy courses were for the most part very good. Apparently, I can't say anything negative so will not be able to comment on the other half of my degree

Sergei

Structural Engineering MSc

Frankly speaking, my overall experience was much affected by covid /lockdown situation. The classes were interesting, but not applicable to real life structural engineering job. (I have 2 years of experience, so I know that for sure). However, the diploma in UK is fastest way to get chartership for foreigner, besides of other benefits. Hence, I don't think that I chose wrong.