Student reviews of University of Glasgow

University of Glasgow 3008 reviews

Filter reviews

University of Glasgow

Electronic and Software Engineering BSc (Hons)

has had a lot of ups and downs, the jump from school to uni was a bit difficult but I have made a lot of friends, join a few societies and met my boyfriend here and overall enjoy living in glasgow

History PhD

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Glasgow so far and have gained much both academically and non-academically. I was previously at another institution for my undergraduate and Masters degrees and have enjoyed my time at Glasgow much more. My department (the Centre for Gender History) is welcoming, lacks negative hierarchies and encourages students to achieve their full potential.

University of Glasgow

Sociology/Politics (SocSci) MA (Hons)

I like it a lot. There are things that could be improved, but these are minor and I would stress that the things that are great about Glasgow feel genuinely unique.

Computing Science PhD

I am pretty happy here. It took some time to adjust, but you need that everywhere. The people here are friendly and supportive, the system aims to aid the student as best as possible. There are some hickups, but the staff seems to be very keen on evolving and adjusting the system where needed.

University of Glasgow

Business Economics (SocSci) MA (Hons)

Overall, I've loved Glasgow Uni. I have grown personally and academically and taken advantage of the wonderful opportunities it has offered me. However, sometimes I have struggled with anxiety and the university's support services have not been as helpful as they could have been.

Veterinary Medicine BVMS

University has been the best time of my life so far. I love Glasgow and the west end vibe, I really enjoy my course and I'm trying to take advantage of all uni has to offer!

History of Art MA (Hons)

Uni for me has been very difficult as the work load is a shock, however glasgow is a good uni with loads of friendly people and a good community surrounds it. I just personally have struggled with the experience as I'm not sure it was even right for me to go.

University of Glasgow

Philosophy/Sociology (SocSci) MA (Hons)

Personally it has been a hard university experience and the staff at university and all the associations available have helped to soften the blow a lot! I find the lectures very interesting and up to date with nowadays world, there is plenty of facilities and spaces for studying, having fun, doing sports and everything you could want to do at university. All in all, it's been a great experience being at UoG!

University of Glasgow

Chemical Physics BSc (Hons)

My university experience has been good, although i have no had an appropriate chance to fully experience the social side due to the amount of work my degree requires. I had to take a year out on medical grounds so personally it's been up and down for me. There are aspects i really enjoy, but some i don't, which is probably a common denominator amongst other students i suspect.

University of Glasgow

English Literature MA (Hons)

Glasgow is a great city and I have loved my time here. It's filled with great people and has a great vibe. Coming from a well-ranked university means that there's a lot of intelligent conversation around campus, which I love. The university itself seems to care little for its students and creates more problems than not. But, as the saying goes: It's the people who make Glasgow.

Rating summary