University of Glasgow | Student Reviews

3,877 University of Glasgow reviews

• University of Glasgow
Ava

Portuguese/Spanish MA (Hons)

Mostly enjoyable but could have been better. More contact hours would have been better, and some classes could be more thought through, often feels the hours are wasted.

Rebekah-Jane

University of Glasgow

History (Medieval/Modern or Medieval/Modern/Scottish) MA (Hons)

Love it! It's brilliant and I'm glad I decided to go, it really broadens your experiences in life. Its encouraged me to think more and harder about the subjects that I love and am studying. Its been a fantastic experience living in the city as well coming from a rural background.

Maddie

University of Glasgow

History/Sociology (SocSci) MA (Hons)

I have enjoyed learning new things at this university and building life skills with my peers. It is fun to be able to explore the area and there are lots of things to do

Anon

Sociology PhD

Poor. Disappointing. Too much money spent on shiny new buildings and not enough on the basics: books in the library and staff pay. Employ more staff on fixed contracts and pay the staff you have for the work they do.

Lori

University of Glasgow

Scots Law/Economics LLB (Hons)

Few good socialising opportunities for people who don’t drink. Little external motivation from lecturers and tutors. Hard to make friends, even in university accommodation.

Endodontics MSc (DentSci)

Amazing experience Nice environment Advance learning There are lots of places in university for self study. Different types of courses are taught to international students to improve writing and language

University of Glasgow

Psychology (SocSci) MA (Hons)

This university experience is worse than dull. It destroyed the keen learner in me. What’s worse is some other departments seem fine but the psychology department has nobody to keep them in check.

Human Nutrition MSc(MedSci)/PgDip

Love it, always something to do and something going on. Glasgow is a great location despite what people say about the weather ;) The uni always has events on and is one of the most breathtaking buildings.

Tom

University of Glasgow

Aeronautical Engineering BEng (Hons)

It is pretty good. I have everything I need. I can't complain too much about anything, there are plenty of ways of support if you need something. Lectures could be more interesting, but labs are usually cool. I have about 45 per cent of weekly classes on one day, that's not so awesome.

Kyle

Biomedical Sciences MRes

I personally do not love university. I regret coming here sometimes, but I recognise that it is difficult getting the best experience at a traditional university. I think organisation could be better, but then again to communicate when there are thousands of students is a daunting task. Collegiate universities are better.