University of Essex

• University of Essex
EA
Eden Anin-Adjei

PhD Government

Having only been at the university for two semesters, it’s amazing how many opportunities, support and assistance the university has offered. My only issue is that this is the biggest university campus I’ve been to and I get lost trying to find new classes even with help and map, hopefully second year will be easier

Kylie

The best aspects are that there is a club on campus and good facilities like the library and other learning hubs. The worst aspects are that my whole course has pretty much been online and I’ve not been able to meet people from my course

Amy

DSES Sport and Exercise Science

Loads of both group and individual study spaces, so many people around offering help. Campus is so pretty and calming with your usual amenities such as stores, coffee shops, lots of places to eat. Good transport connections via bus into town or further afield via train.

AM
Anna Marina

MSc Data Science

The university is situated in a lovely setting and is well-constructed. Teaching is not great as expected to be. In terms of teaching style and methods, they could do a lot better. Strikes are happening all the time right now, which I am not proud of.

Akeem

MSc Computer Networks and Security

The Labs are outstanding, the content in most courses are up to date.

MR
Maryam Rashid

MSc Data Science and ITs Applications

The campus is aesthetically pleasing and I love how it is focuses mainly on nature itself. The worst part is that it is too far away from my home.

JG
Jobr Gadsden

Law with Politics LLB (Hons)

The best experiences are communal ones. For example, firework night was fantastic.

AA
Alicia Alfaro

Modern Languages and English Language BA (Hons)

Overall I feel like Essex is a great place to study, it has great facilities and the events are quite fun. However, there is great room for improvement from the university although the SU does help a lot.

EG
Edison George Sam

MA Social Work

It has a great infrastructure but I think so they I have to work on the student support for international students.

LW
Libby Williams
First gen student

Best aspects for me include their never ending supply of events. There is always something on at the uni be it the nightlife or the day time events. The worst aspect for me would be that covid has meant we couldn’t do a lot of uni in person.