University of Essex Online

2 University of Essex Online reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• University of Essex Online
Sophie
1 review
FOURTH YEAR+

Complete lack of flexibility from this University. You have absolutely no influence over which optional modules you can take even if you state at the outset you are only completing the course because you need one of the optional modules for your existing career. it.

Reviewed: 11 October 2021
Elle
1 review

I've completed nearly a year and a half of my degree so far and I have enjoyed myself so much. I have been to a "normal" university before, so I personally can see the huge differences between an Online and "normal" University. In the University of Essex Online you're more than a number as I said previously, every aspect of the course is personal to you and the tutors are really focused to helping you achieve your best potential. It's hard to summarise my experience in one tiny box but I have seriously enjoyed myself so much already; as well as learnt so much. I honestly think the teaching standards are so much higher than a "normal" university, because the personal teaching and feedback is so prominent. Also, I was worried that I wouldn't make any friends since it was an online university but I made some close friends within my first few weeks of joining. Again, it's hard to summarise my experience on the spot but I have honestly loved every minute of it so far!

Reviewed: 31 January 2019