1,354 University of East Anglia UEA reviews

• University of East Anglia UEA
Henry

University of East Anglia UEA

Accounting and Finance with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

It's been good overall despite online teaching. I think there improvements to be made in regard to engagement in online classes, it seems as though I'm paying for power point presentations instead of the teaching and many lectures and seminar leaders are unexperienced with technology to the point where they're classes are empty, due to people not having the patience and instead working on their own.

Emma

University of East Anglia UEA

UEA is a nice university and under normal circumstances has a lot going on. The campus is amazing and very active. There is a beautiful lake and in summer you can have bbqs there with friends and it’s always busy. The lectures are very nice and always offer to help. Coming from another country to study there I was very nervous and missed home but as soon as everything started and I made friends and enjoyed my course, that thought left

University of East Anglia UEA

My description of my overall first year experience would certainly differ from somebody who has already finished first year. For me, university has been quiet, but fulfilling. I have met a lot of people despite the pandemic through online meetings and societies - people who I would call life long friends! Academically, I believe that I have been supported massively. My skills have developed over time and most importantly, I have grown as a person.

Chaneth

University of East Anglia UEA

Pharmacy with a Foundation Year MPharm (Hons)

This academic year had been very tough for both the university and it’s students. Due to covid 19 and the lockdown, all of my lectures, seminars and workshops had been online. We were fortunate enough to have few laboratory sessions in person in the first semester which was helpful in our studies. However, overall the experience hadn’t been good but rather bad. Paying £9k this year wasn’t worth it at all but I also understand that everything that the university has done were all for the safety of its students and staffs. We all have to comply to the government and this fight to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

Sharon

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

Experience was not that great considering how everything was online and there wasn’t much support given to students. For mental health problems, the student service took too long to respond. In terms of online exams, the questions seemed irrelevant to what I would be doing in the future, as a professional.

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

University experience has been good as I was still able to meet need friends however due to the situations we as friends was able to do thinks but not as much. It feels sometimes lonely as well doing lessons in your bedroom or at home. We did not get the interactions that we expect first year to be like enjoyable fun mixed with work. Sometimes as I at home right now not at university I fell left out and lonely seeing my friends together in this hot lovely heat of sun. Overall I have found the course a bit challenging due to me not does A levels which relate with the course I am doing as I did a BTEC also another reason i find it challenging it the way that my lectures talk during the lectures they are sometimes talking too fast. Yes , in university you have party’s and stuff but as for me my room is right next to the kitchen which I struggle to concentrate a lot of the time as all I hear is music banging through my walls.

Charlotte

University of East Anglia UEA

Molecular Biology and Genetics BSc (Hons)

This year has admittedly not been as good as previous years at UEA. I myself find online learning tricky, but I am glad for the personal support my tutors are offering me in the midst of all this. They’ve offered me support with housing and SpLD despite the troubles their dealing with this year and that impressed me and meant I knew they had my back. Sports are staring up again next week and they’re keen to get us as active as possible. Even when facilities for sports were closed, they challenged us with the UEA moves app and other challenges to keep us active and remind us that they’re there.

Gabrielle

University of East Anglia UEA

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

Overall, it hasn’t been as good as it could’ve been if we were learning in person, as some skills we have had to miss out. But, it has been better than missing a year.

Mason

University of East Anglia UEA

Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons)

Not brilliant, I feel that they could arrange things to be less academic heavy and more engaging, rather than relying on self directed study. Placement has been very disappointing, very little flexibility in allowing for a ward placement, University is more focused on limiting my learning rather than supporting or furthering it. Restrictions to community placement, meaning being given a trust laptop and having meetings on Microsoft teams...

University of East Anglia UEA

English Literature BA (Hons)

I have benefitted from gaining independence, but as for the academic experience, I wouldn't rate it that highly. It feels like learning is limited by poor communication and slightly unfeeling ways of treating staff and students.