University of East Anglia UEA

1,480 University of East Anglia UEA reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• University of East Anglia UEA
Letty

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

UEA is a beautiful location and perfect for anyone who values nature as a priority in their life. There is so much to explore and the peace and serenity is infectious. I would definitely recommend UEA, there are many opportunities to shape and grow the uni experience for yourself and others.

EE
Erin Eagling

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

Consistency in the level and upkeep of all facilities. The location and course if good and worth it even if it can be tiring. The UEA staff support can be phenomenal but also difficult to access at times. The students union are helpful and actively get involved in representing cohorts and individuals where needed or wanted.

SM
Sophie moeller

PhD Postgraduate Research in Biological Sciences

The UEA campus is beautiful with lots of greenery and a lovely lake to walk around during the lunch breaks. The buildings and facilities however are in need of updating. Norwich is a lovely city and studying here means it is possible to take weekend trips to the countryside or the beach however transport links are terrible and you feel very disconnected from the rest of the country. The University support for Postgraduate students isn't great and it often feels like we are forgotten about and that Undergraduates are the priority. I would have liked there to be more support, especially during covid times.

LP
Lauren Pearson

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

Good atmosphere, everybody is friendly and kind. Facilities are great - library is a brilliant place to study. I’ve had very little involvement with student life, as a healthcare student, so unable to comment on that although there are always events going on. Student support is good.

MH
Marianne Hadridge
SECOND YEAR

Speech and Language Therapy BSc (Hons)

UEA is a great university filled with friendly and helpful students and staff. I went to UEA after a few years out of education and they’ve helped me tremendously with regaining academic skills, meeting new friends and learning critical skills for my chosen career. The facilities are great, with amazing daily food choices, events and resources to support learning. I was very apprehensive about going to university but UEA have made the experience the best decision I’ve made.

BM
Becca Mann

MSc Physiotherapy

Facilities are the best bit of the hnj

MW
Martha Whitehouse-Eagle
2 reviews
FIRST YEAR

Nursing (Mental Health) BSc (Hons)

My lecturers are all lovely and really supportive. I haven't needed to access student support for wellbeing but it seems like it would be easy to do so if necessary. I receive a lot of support for my assignments if needed, and it's easy to get answers to questions I have. I don't like how accommodation keeps going up in price each year - it doesn't affect me, but it's not really fair for new students, especially as nothing has changed in the accommodation in terms of updating it.

GB
Georgina Blyth

Paramedic Science BSc (Hons)

It is a great area to study in as there is a balance of country life and city life. The clubs and sports at UEA are amazing. The university support is lacking. The personal advisor idea does not work as a lot of them are hard to access and don’t actually give you support. They are meant to be a person you can talk to about your struggles however a lot of us feel we cannot do that. The placement is great and very fun, however the university puts too much pressure on us when doing simulation or formative assessments, meaning we are scared to fail, increasing the risk of human error and fear of trying.

PG
Poppy Griffin
SECOND YEAR

Occupational Therapy BSc (Hons)

UEA is a great place to study with an amazing campus, right near the lake and lots of green space for walking. It’s facilities are great with countless study spaces and places like the sports park and LCR for leisure. I have always been supported by staff and my personal advisor.

AB
Ana Barbosa
FIRST YEAR

MSc Dietetics

Amazing student support service, tutors and lecturers are very supportive and compassionate towards their students.. best place to study in a very fine City