1,354 University of East Anglia UEA reviews

• University of East Anglia UEA

University of East Anglia UEA

Speech and Language Therapy BSc (Hons)

Overall, the people at Uea are all extremely supportive. On my course I feel the lecturers are all incredibly supportive and try their best to meet our needs. Covid has made studying incredibly difficult, which the university has tried to support each student as best they can. The university have been strict following the rules surrounding covid, all with a focus to protect their students (especially first years living in halls). Opportunities to engage in clubs have been difficult although the university has been encouraging to help societies provide online events where possible.

Paige

Chemistry MChem (Hons)

This year has been harder than most with covid , and working online has been challenging at times. But the support has still been there , I do prefer in person teaching though. It’s more motivating

Sophie

University of East Anglia UEA

Psychology with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

Very limited teaching hours but nice people and had fun overall.

Manpreet

University of East Anglia UEA

English Literature BA (Hons)

this year has been quite different due to COVID but the lecturers have put the effort and time in to make up for the lost in person teaching and the online seminars and lectures have still been engaging. i know where to get support and that I could ask any questions if I needed to.

Ellen

University of East Anglia UEA

The uni has not handled covid very well for the freshers, which has been particularly hard as my flat don’t get on very well. No events were put on for us to meet any others at the start of the year. The blended learning approach has been horrific - I’ve had 3 in person seminars this whole year and despite restrictions easing and them being allowed to be in person, nothing changed. The quality difference between in person and online seminars was dramatic. With online lectures we were set way more hours to watch than we would have had if they were in person, and while I’ve been told not to complain about ‘extra’ education, when each module is setting you 2+ hours extra work each week that adds up and means my seminar preparation was compromised.

Elsie

Biomedicine BSc (Hons)

This year has been good despite the circumstances. The uni have tried to make the best of things and organise in person classes however it has still been poor and not the best response to covid.

Mia

University of East Anglia UEA

Natural Sciences with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

Most of my modules this year have been unacceptable. Some lectures have dropped out 5 mins in. I get 3 lectures a week and no other support. My research project has gone well. All campus facilities or help for the uni outside modules has been non existent.

Elle

University of East Anglia UEA

Film Studies and English Literature BA (Hons)

It’s been a shame to have it online and I definitely feel I missed out on the University experience, but my tutors did everything they could to make it easier for us. My specific school were much better than the University as a whole who kept promising a return to face to face leading people to pay for rent, then not acknowledging how problematic this is whenever we remained online. I have preferred lectures online because I find them easier to access, especially when recorded in parts. Seminars have been more challenging due to the resistance from many students to take part. The most unfortunate part of being online this year has been the lack of socialising. Many of the clubs and societies did not run events and it was lonely at times.

Daisy

University of East Anglia UEA

History with a Foundation Year BA (Hons)

Good social university with a range of clubs. Hard with online lectures. I have a very sexy Boyf who is the best Boyf in the world and I love him very much. He makes me very very happy and I love spending lots of time with him and he can always make me smile

Jesse

GDIPL Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies

Although I am still learning, the amount of contact hours given were abysmal. Considering we are paying close to £10K for this course, 6 hours per fortnight of contact is not worth the price.