University of East Anglia UEA | Student Reviews

1,410 University of East Anglia UEA reviews

• University of East Anglia UEA

University of East Anglia UEA

English Literature BA (Hons)

I have benefitted from gaining independence, but as for the academic experience, I wouldn't rate it that highly. It feels like learning is limited by poor communication and slightly unfeeling ways of treating staff and students.

Rebecca

University of East Anglia UEA

Environmental Sciences BSc (Hons)

So far it has been really good but there has obviously been negatives socially and being away from family and friends but I have learnt a lot about being independent and from my course.

Esther

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

It has been good, I have made a lot of friends and found my personality as an individual as well. I have had a lot work transferable skills from various work experiences at uni and outside university. I have been able to learn how network and look for my dream career job

Josephine

Medicine MB BS

My university experience has been amazing. It has challenged me and pushed me to places I couldn't imagine going and taught me so much, not only in course content, but also in terms of personal and life skills. I've had a very enjoyable time and I can't wait for the next step

Dan

University of East Anglia UEA

Society, Culture and Media BA (Hons)

Overall the university experience has been great - I've really enjoyed living on campus and I adore my course and the lecturers who teach it. UEA is such a safe and contained campus that you don't even need to leave the campus borders and you can still have a great time.

Alexander

University of East Anglia UEA

It has mostly exceeded my expectations and any that haven't usually have met them. The subject topics, structure, relevant opportunities, and student-staff rapport has been far better than I would have thought before going to university as every week is a different topic so boredom hasn't set in. Assignments are a generally welcoming challenge that support your learning and vary in summative style so for example if one person excels in essays while another person is good at posters, both types of assignments are available to help provide equal opportunities to succeed - it also helps improve your abilities in each. I suppose one of the only notable experiences that have met my expectations was my social life at university, which is still somewhat lacking however because I expected this I don't feel too left out and can work on it at my own pace as it typically takes me a while. Fortunately I still have a couple friends from back home as well as a great family life so I don't feel lonely.

OJ
Oliver-Rose Jones

University of East Anglia UEA

amazing! couldnt ask for any better. been in loads of performances which is great for my acting career, so so happy. met my soulmate within about 2 months - the sheer amount of people at uni means youll always make friends.

Abbie

MSc Applied Ecology and Conservation

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at UEA, the city & campus are lovely-don't get put off by the initial feel of concrete! After 5yrs here I can definitely reccomend!

Matt

University of East Anglia UEA

Overall I have really enjoyed my time at the UEA. I can't imagine being anywhere else. The social life is good, the university has a very good community feel. I think there are areas for improvement, but many of the issues we are seeing do not stem from the university itself.

Isabel

University of East Anglia UEA

International Relations BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my time at university, however not as much as I would have expected to when I started. I am very poor, tired and stressed the majority of the time.