1,510 University of East Anglia UEA reviews

• University of East Anglia UEA
Jacob

University of East Anglia UEA

Philosophy, Politics and Economics BA (Hons)

Corona ruined most of it, but I can't blame the uni. Nice uni, good lectures (at least for my course). The VC cancelled graduation which left a lot of people very sad. Not quite sure why as most other unis still have one, think VC wanted to save money for a new holiday home in the Pyrenees.

Creative Writing and English Literature BA

Since I was not able to be on campus for my second year, I'd have to give a low rating. I felt a bit less motivated since everything was online. But the University always updated students with the recent changes based on government announcements.

Esther

Medicine with a Gateway Year MB BS

At first when I got here I was concerned about not being able to make any friends and being so far away from family, but going I've been able to meet awesome people and stopped feeling alone and on campus witnessing the beautiful view of the lake as your stroll around the grounds or the adorable bunnies you might catch on your odd walk back to your accomodation has helped in keeping me relaxed and quilm any stresses. The lecturers are amazing, always provide best quality teaching and regularly emphasise their availability if you have any questions about stuff regarding lectures is really has been really useful when stressed about not knowing what to do. Overall 10/10

Rebecca

Geophysics MSci (Hons)

I have managed to make great friends in my accommodation and a few on my course from the in person labs I have been able to attend. The recorded lectures makes it easy to revisit work which is extremely helpful for exams. However, a bit more support for student learning online would be helpful

Georgina

University of East Anglia UEA

Biological Sciences with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

I really like this Uni, but online teaching is definitely not worth the price. I feel quite ripped off paying so much money for what feels like the Open university. Before the pandemic however, I really enjoyed being on campus - it has a nice calm atmosphere and is a beautiful place to study.

Christina

University of East Anglia UEA

International Business Management with a Year Abroad BA (Hons)

Great university, both academically and socially. The societies are fun although I would personally like more variety in the coming years. It was hard at times during Covid restrictions but the campus has made a good comeback since lockdown, with a new beer garden opening beside the LCR. Exclusively online lectures felt like a bit of a scam at times, as i was promised blended learning initially, however the quality of teaching and the number of resources available to me remains at an adequate level.

University of East Anglia UEA

This year has been very different to previous years. In no way is my 3 star rating a sign of disappointment at the university, it is just representative of the reality for students this year. For all the university’s efforts, having next to no contact time has greatly reduced the enjoyment and success of my studies this year. Had we had more contact hours, this would likely not be the case, however COVID has made this impossible. Students at UEA have had to take the brunt off Covids impact. Although; the safety net does provide some comfort.

Clare

University of East Anglia UEA

Economics and Finance BSc (Hons)

I have thoroughly enjoyed my second year and UEA. Recently I have been able to see the lectures and other student in person which has been really nice. The teaching and support has not wavered I feel I have done better now than ever at university.

Ewan

University of East Anglia UEA

Biological Sciences with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

All together there is nowhere I'd rather be than UEA. My course is engaging, the lecturers are fantastic, and I feel like every module is useful. The transition to online learning hasnt been perfect but the uni did what they could to keep students up to date and aware of what was happening. The industry connections and guest lectures make me really hopeful for my job prospects after graduating. More than anything though, its the people that make UEA so good. Individuals from all over the world come here and make this place their home and making friends with them and learning from them has been the best 2 years of my life so far.

Fliss

University of East Anglia UEA

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

My personal experience has been fairly poor. I was at uni between end of September and shortly before the locks down in November. For which I moved back home. I’d had to isolate after a teammate at hockey tested positive. This was shortly after I started at uni. It meant I missed the opportunity to get to know my flatmates as I was instructed not to leave my room and mix with them. I missed out on the chance to bond with my flatmates and it was miserable. When I went home for a reading week, I stayed at home choosing to commute for the two days I had to come back. I returned to campus at the end of April - nearly 7 months later. One week back for a introduction to placement and started my 15 weeks on placement at the hospital. Now, flatmates have changed and I love it. Not counting down to when it ends in 2 years now. It started as a one and is now a 5 so figured I’d take the average. Take this with a pinch of salt though - this doesn’t reflect on UEA, but on the impact covid had on my experience. Also, in terms of this last question about value of money. It’s a big no. Considering, that the money I have paid for tuition hasn’t been used to the fullness it usually would. Such as hiring the lecture halls. As far as I’m concerned. It’s gone to the lecturers pay checks - which is fine. They need a salary. As well as the library and simulation labs. Other than that i haven’t used anything else in terms of facilities. It shouldn’t be much more than how much Open University costs.