University of Derby | Student Reviews

1,231 University of Derby reviews

• University of Derby
Amelia

Journalism BA (Hons)

Due to Covid, my first year lacked socially. However, my course did the best they could in the circumstances. The support from my tutor and lecturers has been great and I feel comfortable asking for help.

Jordan

University of Derby

Interior Architecture and Venue Design BA (Hons)

This academic year has been a tough one for everyone but were finally on the other side I hope and even though teaching was online and then moved to blended learning, I’d still say I’ve learned a lot and I’d say I’ve done more work too.

Katarina

University of Derby

Sport Therapy and Rehabilitation BSc (Hons)

Overall experience at Uni has been amazing for me. I love people I have met, the approach of our lecturers and their willingness to help us get better. However, this year has been crazy considering Covid time and the inability to actually go to uni and see people as well as use the facilities and practice our skills.

Kate

University of Derby

Counselling and Psychotherapy Principles and Practices BSc (Hons)

Teachers have been great responding to emails and using online platforms due to covid. Although it was less interactive and harder to absorb information through online leaning, lectures were very patient and understanding. Though do feel £9,250 is alot for this expirence, as not all lectures even last the 3 hours they are ment to, and not much imput on how we can improve our work.

Jordan

University of Derby

Interior Architecture and Venue Design BA (Hons)

My experience at university has been great, my course offers amazing facilities that help with my day to day work in the field of architecture, my lecturers on my course display in depth knowledge of the course and I have learned a great deal from them and I can’t thank them enough, the only problem I would say I have is having to pay for printing, but hey, if that’s the only problem I’ll take it.

Olivia

University of Derby

Education Studies BA (Hons)

Overall, my experience at university this year has been quite underwhelming, however, that is not completely the university’s fault due to there being issues caused by the pandemic, and the lack of information provided. This being said, in terms of everything else there have been some good experiences

University of Derby

Business Management with Foundation Year BA (Hons)

The actual facilities and course I can't fault. But its just Derby Uni lifestyle in general that wasn't right for me. The town and nightlife is next to none and pretty shocking compared to most other places. I also found that I was quite lonely as there was no one else really like me. It's more full of alternative people, and I'm just not like that. It was difficult to join a society to make friends as well, you don't really stand a chance in sports unless your already semi pro (not matter what they say at freshers fair). If you're only looking for the academic side then go for it, but if you're going to an all rounded uni experience, especially the social and nightlife, its not the place to go at all.

Josh

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the course. The support is great, and the flexibility to work from home has been an added bonus due to the creative nature of the course. Just wish there would be more creative opportunities, especially within design agencies, but this is partly due to the current pandemic.

Anita

University of Derby

Forensic Psychology BSc (Hons)

Although I am in my first year, during a global pandemic, there is nothing bad I can say. Everyone has been very helpful while having to study online, I never felt like I had no one to turn to when I had questions.

alfie

University of Derby

Economics and Finance BSc (Hons)

my overall experience has been horrible. i havent enjoyed not one moment of university, they only good thing to come out of it is moving from home and meeting new people. university is not worth £500 let alone £9250, it is an absolute rip off and the support they supposedly give you is non existent