University of Central Lancashire

1,127 University of Central Lancashire reviews

• University of Central Lancashire

Business Administration BA (Hons)

Like: The Course, Tutors, Library facilities. Dislikes: Preston is boring!

History and Politics BA (Hons)

In general UCLan is a pretty decent university. However it is a very small city and I got pretty bored of it after a few months here! The plus side is you can always go out and be sure to see somebody that you know - but that's also a downside too. My course in general was pretty small, I only had about 10 other people in my class, so there weren't many people to really mingle with. The tutors are very good however and you can always expect a fairly quick reply to emails and what not. As for nightlife, there is one main nightclub "Evoque" which is pretty much where everyone goes. It is a decent club and after being here 6 months it still never fails to give me a good time. Apart from that there aren't really that many clubs out there.

Asia Pacific Studies BA (Hons)

Preston is a city which is similar to my hometown and felt at home went i was at UCLan. Teachers were great and meet some great people. Nightlife was okayish but then again I don't really like drinking. The languages department was great and friendly and always went the extra mile

International Applied Communication MSc

I had the best learning experience as a postgraduate with UCLan; couldn't have better thoughts of other universities

History BA (Hons)

Overall UCLAN is a friendly uni, the tutors know every student by name and are willing to go the extra mile, even at 11pm on a Sunday night!The gym is free and the library is open 24 hours a day all year round!There is little module choice on my course (history) but there is a huge elective catalogue available to make up for it.Presto is a manageable city, being able to walk from one end of the city to the other in half an hour. there is an abundance of accommodation and lots of clubs to choose from.

Nursing (Adult, Pre-registration) BSc (Hons)

This polytechnic university is a risky university, they take on student nurses who have not got a clue on the job description . This causes extremely high risk factors for forthcoming nurses and puts patients at extreme risks . They do a lot of under cover documents to terminate students they take a dislike to . Any problems then you are shown the door . They do information gathering approaches to terminate students, even though they have not done anything wrong .