University of Central Lancashire

1,127 University of Central Lancashire reviews

• University of Central Lancashire

Music Production BA (Hons)

The facilities at UCLan are great, on my Music Production course, we have access to two industry standard recording studio's and tens of thousand pounds worth of recording equipment bookable from the university. The lectures are not greatly informative but are definatly thought provocing, and on a course as versitile as mine it is understandable that each person much engage in self-guided study in order to perfect their own craft.

02 Jun 14

Film Production BA (Hons)

Going to UCLan was undoubtedly the biggest mistake I ever made and I have a feeling it will haunt me for years to come. I do not even know where to start... 1.) Make no mistake, no one is there to help you. After attending an open day I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of support I would seemingly get. Turns out that as soon as they lure you in then you're nothing more than a price tag. 2.) For me, I was under the belief that a full time course entailed a whole week's worth of learning, studying and related activities. I was absolutely disgusted to find that I was only obliged to attend 9 hours of classes a week. This then dropped to three hours a week and around 40% of the time the lecturers would not even turn up. 3.) UCLan's facilities are incredibly basic, just enough to make it look like a university. Its' library is way outdated, there is never enough computers and its' general technology leaves a lot to be desired. 4.) Clubs and societies are great if you're into sports, however, they is not much on offer for anyone else. I joined the film society during my time here but it turned out that I was the only one remotely passionate about film! (bearing in mind the uni boasts a 'prestigious' film course) 5.) Preston is one of the worst cities I've ever experienced. It's astonishing how they even get away with calling it a city. It is absolutely riddled with homeless people, most of them are extremely nice people but when you see one on every street corner you begin to wonder what the hell is wrong with this 'city'. 6.) The nightlife is disastrous. A concoction of sleaze, overpriced door entries and loud mouthed scallies who are willing to start a fight with just about anyone. UCLan in one word....AVOID!

Acting BA (Hons)

The tutors know what they are doing because they all have experience in the career I have chosen. The facilities are great and are easily accessible. It is the level of education and experience i was hoping for.

Accounting and Finance BA (Hons)

At first when I started here it was kind of because this was the only option to me due to other circumstances. However I have been massively impressed so far, I am about to go into my third year Accounting and Finance and the course has been fantastic. All the tutors have been good and really taken the time to help anybody who may have been struggling. I play football for the university and the facilities are unreal, state of the art pitches and 4g pitches at the sports arena. It is quite a modern university so all the facilities are like new and although I lived at home my friends on my course had really nice student halls and there is plenty of option for private accommodation.

Photography BA (Hons)

The university of Central Lancashire is a great university despite being low down in the league tables. I've only just finished my first semester but I've really enjoyed it so far. I'm studying photography and I have loved it. The course content is really interesting and the lecturers are helpful too. The best bit is the facilities.

07 Aug 14

Economics BA (Hons)

I'm currently going into 2nd year in September and I can honestly say I've had fantastic and rewarding first year. Plenty of sports teams, great people and facilities and the quality of teaching is brilliant. I have been very impressed and look forward to my next academic year!

Eastern Fashion Design BA (Hons)

Probably the worst university to go to. DO expect your grades to be knocked down just because uni is seeking for more funding, DON'T expect to be treated equally with other students. You can buy good grades if you want to, but if you not up for bribing your lecturer- don't bother trying your best, not gonna work anyways. This review is for Eastern Fashion course, during which you'll be lied to, and would not be employable unless you know someone in industry. Wasted 3 years, experienced discrimination and humiliation. That's the only two things I've got out of it... On the good note the library staff are incredible, the "i" service is outstanding, nice food in canteen ;) Highly recommend to pick any other uni

Education and Psychology BA (Hons)

From foundation to degree, been supportive and helpful and everything I could want in a uni! The opportunities to study abroad are endless, as are the many additional qualifications a person can earn during those studies.

Nursing (Child, pre-registration) BSc (Hons)

Great staff and support, interesting modules and placements, Thoroughly enjoyable place to study. I Feel like I've fit right into student life and have made some friends for life.

Psychology with Psychotherapy and Counselling BSc (Hons)

The university campus is really nice, it is also quite small which gives it a real community atmosphere. The lecture halls are modern and the lecture material is engaging. I moved here from Portsmouth and did not know anyone when I arrived, but I have made a lot of really good friends that I will have for a lifetime. There is a lot of support available to students and part-time work as well.