University of Central Lancashire

1,127 University of Central Lancashire reviews

• University of Central Lancashire

Provides a long list of opportunities for personal and professional development, work experience and ways and means to increase employability. However, you may have to actually do a bit of research to take full advantage of what the university actually offers.

Sports Studies BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my time at UCLan so very much. The uni has helped me to develop as a person immensely and I believe I have become a stronger, more knowledgeable and confident individual.

Nursing (Adult, Pre-registration) BSc (Hons)

I really like UCLan think it is an excellent uni. It is very modern and up-to date with students needs. It is very well organised and all the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Overall UCLan is a great uni and I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else. The university has a great feel about it. It is located a short walk from the city center so there is no need to get a bus pass etc. There are lots of opportunities to get involved with that can boost your CV and others that give you a better social life.

Archaeology BSc (Hons)

Easy to find everything you want in one central location, the 'I'. The campus is really tidy and central. Staff are always helpful. There is lots to do on and off campus including sports activities and guest lecturers. There are loads of opportunities to enhance your CV and confidence such as ERASMUS, Wiser, volunteer opportunities etc.

Business Studies BA (Hons)

In my first year at UCLan and I love it, currently studying business and the school is great. It offers you so many opportunities beyond the course such as paid trips to China, help with CVs and the job application process. The Uni has a great friendly atmosphere and offers the student opportunities to do paid work either as a student ambassador or as a researcher over the summer. UCLan has made my first year at University easy and when talking to friends they help a lot more than other Universities in terms of support such as the 'I'.

I love UCLan. It was not my first choice but I am so glad it's where I ended up! It has everything to offer to all the students. My grandparents only live 5 minutes away and I love that so I feel even more comfortable here. Everywhere is so friendly and I have met my best friend here. It's not far from home but far enough for me to have my own independence and i definitely think I have that here at UCLan. I believe that I have grown and matured so much as a person since I started at UCLan and I think that is because you have to start doing things for yourself a lot more than you thought you did. I love how close accommodation is to the university. Everyone is so welcoming throughout the university. In my first week I nearly quit because I didn't like where I was living and I felt lonely. But there was support that helped me and spoke to me constantly and they found me a new place to live in a day and I was so happy once I moved. Everyone is so helpful.

History BA (Hons)

The university is extremely focused on delivering what its students want. Most academics are supportive of the students however my course has had changes made that has restricted our choice of what we want to study significantly, making it difficult to engage with certain modules. Nonetheless I enjoy attending university and overall have had a very positive experience.

Healthcare Sciences BSc (Hons)

Great opportunities and teaching available for everyone who wants to make the most of their time at University. A university which encourages self development on top of your lectures and brilliant student support all round.

English Language BA (Hons)

I really enjoyed my time at UCLan, as an undergraduate. I have enjoyed it so much that I have stayed on here to complete my postgraduate studies. I really enjoyed being involved in university life and took on various roles as an undergraduate, including Student Ambassador and Course Representative. I feel there is quite a good range of societies to join at the University and that there is something for everyone. From my course point of view, my course lecturers have been absolutely brilliant and I felt nothing but support throughout my time on my course. This was very important in my final year as this is a time where students feel extremely stressed. Having supportive lecturers really does ease the pressure and knowing that you can speak to your lecturers about your studies makes you feel like you are not on your own.