University of Central Lancashire | Student Reviews

1,198 University of Central Lancashire reviews

• University of Central Lancashire
Emma

University of Central Lancashire

TESOL and Korean BA (Hons)

This academic year has been difficult for everyone- students and staff alike. That has been reflected in my rating, as having solely online lecturers has been pretty soul destroying. However, most of my lecturers have done the best they can to make the experience as interactive and enjoyable as possible.

V
Valerija

University of Central Lancashire

Fashion Promotion and Marketing BA (Hons)

The overall experience has been good, the tutors working exceptionally to provide support during a difficult time. Overall adaptive to current circumstances and our goals. Nonetheless on a further level left in the dark by government and not treated well.

Shnehil

Graphic Design MA

Honestly, what a joke. Im only here because I got 20% off my Ma otherwise I would have gone elsewhere - absolute joke. The tutors never seem to reply, we haven't been allowed into the uni, desipte government guidelines allowing us too now.

University of Central Lancashire

Medical Sciences (Foundation Entry) BSc (Hons)

Obviously it has been impacted heavily by the pandemic, especially laboratory components. Although this is out of the hands of the course team, it has still been the largest issue with the course this year for me personally. The staff have been brilliant, making time to meet with us to address any issues, being very flexible with deadlines and offering countless additional revision opportunities to help us through the year and achieve as well as we can given the circumstances.

Monica

University of Central Lancashire

Hasn’t been much because classes are online no contact with anyone. Can’t use facilities available. Not easy to comprehend things online very stressful. Makes life harder. Couldn’t even experience the welcoming university feeling of orientation or going in for lectures and practicals.

Gloria

University of Central Lancashire

Studying at the University of Central Lancashire (Preston), I’be received a great experience in this academic year, good communication with teachers, good service, good facilities and good resources.

Cheuk

University of Central Lancashire

Sports Therapy BSc (Hons)

Only rated three stars due to limited face to face sessions. This is not great as the Sports Therapy course itself is a very practical course which requires hands on practice in clinical and placements environment. As a result, the fewer practical sessions available for each week did not provide enough hours and experience for what is required in the final year of my study.

Jackson

University of Central Lancashire

Quantity Surveying BSc (Hons)

I have not enjoyed uni. The pressure of having to work while undertaking a full time course's workload is very difficult. The competence of some of the tutors is very low and they seem to be quite out of touch with regards to students situations. Some of the modules are pointless and a waste of time and it's quite demoralising to stay in the course when having to do work for those modules. I personally wouldn't recommend UCLan for this course unless you were doing the course part time over 5 years because the expectations put on full time students to understand the tuition while not having industry experience is unrealistic, and then if you do get a job around a full time course then the workload is too high to handle too. When you are struggling you are often met with the response that it should be independent learning and you need to figure it out yourself.

Charlotte

Dentistry (Graduate Entry) BDS

Overall the uni has supported me very well during my degree Pre-Covid all teaching was face to face. There has been lots of clinical training with small class sizes meaning even more support from tutors

University of Central Lancashire

Asia Pacific Studies - Korean BA (Hons)

Despite the pandemic, the university experience during my short time here has been somewhat satisfying. But I had hoped that there was more blended learning instead of just sitting from a camera screen and learning. I hoped that that be more ways of learning instead of it all being online, this made me question if my £9250 tuition fee was worth all this.