University of Cambridge

906 University of Cambridge reviews

• University of Cambridge

Engineering MEng (Hons)

Cambridge is pretty decent, but it survives a lot on its reputation and doesn't do much to try and improve lectures/courses. The extra-curricular available is very good, but finding time to do any sort of amount of it is quite hard. Most people who have a really key hobby find that's the only thing they have time to do.

Natural Sciences MSci (Hons)

Cambridge is the place to be if you really want to become the best that you can in your subject - the courses are in-depth and challenging, and there is a whole team of top academics pushing you to reach your full potential. At the same time though, it really is a lovely place to live: beautiful old buildings, lots of green spaces, tight-knit college communities, and more clubs and societies than you can shake a stick at.

Medicine MB

Simply an amazing environment to live and learn in.

Natural Sciences MSci (Hons)

Going to Cambridge was the best decision I ever made. Its a lot of hard work but worth it for all the unique experiences. Where else can you dine in formal hall in a gown like harry potter or have a whole week of balls and parties at the end of exams. Come with an open mind and be prepared to have a different experience to lots of other universities. My main issue would be the Students Union, which is very expensive to join, but there are clubs and societies for every possible thing so that didn't really impact me. The collegiate system is wonderful and means you have a real sense of community, know lots of people in different years and have a huge support network.

Natural Sciences MSci (Hons)

Great reputation, lovely city, amazing lecturers and support and despite what you might think it's good fun.

Economics BA (Hons)

I'm enjoying my time at Cambridge so far. The workload if very heavy, but generally lecturers are good, and the supervision system means you get a lot of support and personalized learning. The college system is great socially, Cambridge traditions like formal halls really add to university life and having college-provided accommodation for all three years is really helpful. There's a massive range of societies, catering to all levels of ability with whatever you want to do. The nightlife isn't great, as the clubs are cheesy and not many people go out frequently, but you can still have good night out with friends.

Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion BA (Hons)

Great Uni. Colleges are fantastic. Student Union is poor, but that is because all issues are covered at a College level.

Natural Sciences MSci (Hons)

I had a really great time at Cambridge. Academically, the courses were interesting, and I had a huge number of opportunities to organise research placements. There were also an unbelievable number high quality extra-curricular activities: I almost wish I'd had an extra year where I didn't have to do an academic course just to take part in more clubs and societies. However, although the courses were extremely interesting, they do a poor job (at the undergraduate level) of actually teaching you to be a scientist. I can only speak for the Natural Sciences (Chemistry) course, but there were no courses in the statistical design and analysis of experiments, and only limited teaching of computer programming. I had to develop these skills somewhat independently. Overall, though, a great place to be.

Medicine MB

I really like it here. It's a beautiful city, everyone is really friendly and I really like my course. Yes, it doesn't have the best night life in the world but you can still have fun. I've had lots of new experiences, it's really different to anywhere I've been before. I've found the oppotunities to take up new sports particularly good.