University of Bristol | Student Reviews

875 University of Bristol reviews

• University of Bristol

University of Bristol

Mechanical Engineering MEng (Hons)

It's been nice but I feel like it could be MUCH better. The quality of teaching has to be improved along with the facilities needing modernisation. Also, Bristol's fees need to go down.

Kay

University of Bristol

MSc Education (Open Pathway)

I love university life, my subject & would love to commit to studying for a Doctorate too, but there are just too many financial implications & it is far too difficult to get the required reading done for masters seminars with a 4 year old. I should have waited until he was older, as its not achievable alongside caring responsibilities, work (i currently have 2 part-time jobs) or constant job searching as in year 1. I may enter an EdD in my 50s (over 5 years away) when he is older & I have re-qualified as a Teacher as I could get a bursary for a PGCE. The reading load is fine if you're 24/5, Chinese & have no commitments in the UK other than studying while living on / near campus, but not otherwise & we study the units at the same pace 200 hrs in 10 weeks per unit, should be a separate part-time programme with 20 weeks per unit for part-timers with caring responsibilities or a job.

David

Music PhD

It is stimulating, multidisciplinary, and life-enhancing. I wish I'd embarked on academic research earlier. In general staff/PGR interaction is splendid which improves the experience. Additionally, opportunities for involvement in general university representation abound, as do opportunities to contribute to public engagement activities.

Zoe

Pharmacology BSc (Hons)

I have had a good experience at university so far as I have enjoyed the teaching and the workload had been manageable while still allowing me to participate in extra-curriculars. The teaching staff are always willing to help and they take extra time to explain things that they know will be new to you.

Georgina

University of Bristol

French and German (4 years) BA (Hons)

Overall it has been average. Some incredibly good aspects at Bristol but I feel like these are because the city is so nice and I am part of a small department with a good personal tutor. The University need major improvements to prioritise the students over the wider community. If students are happier, they will be less disruptive for the wider community.

Gaukhar

University of Bristol

MSc Education (Policy and International Development)

My university experience at my university will be beneficial for my future career. I could use new knowledge and academic skills gained during my study to develop the education system in my home country.

Rao

University of Bristol

MSc Education (Leadership and Policy)

I feel really satisfied with our university. It provides rich and complete support to every student, for example, study skills (academic learning); well-being service; many kinds of workshops, which makes us can fully and freely choose what we like.

Rachel

University of Bristol

French and Portuguese (4 years) BA (Hons)

The societies in particular have enabled me to get to know lots of people and feel more comfortable in Bristol. It is also a really nice city to live in and I would really recommend it.

Oz

University of Bristol

Philosophy and Economics BSc (Hons)

it has been a decent experience with few ups and downs. the academic work is challenging as I was not used to this much independent work. but now in the second term I am used to it.

Sofia

Economics BSc (Hons)

Generally it is good! Good location. good city, good quality of education, excellent reputation and career prospects. I would strongly recommend this university to everyone, although the it is not easy to get a good grade here!