1,032 University of Bristol reviews

• University of Bristol
Millie

University of Bristol

With COVID there was not enough contact time, support and guidance on how to adapt to technology. The firm term was really really difficult to get used to and it was made worse by not having the in person support to help you with queries. It was hard getting used to the new technology they had for COVID learning. However University of Bristol facilities are amazing. The lecturers are fantastic and are there to help with anything. The uni is in a great place in the heart of the city centre and the biology building itself is brand new with state of the art lab equipment.

University of Bristol

Great place, great course content but support for mental health pretty shocking, little support in many personal areas. Online teaching absolutely ridiculous. General consensus the uni isn’t invested in student wellbeing. Pol & IR department great, Bristol uni in general let the experience down

University of Bristol

English and History BA (Hons)

I think an important thing to remember is that you get out what you put in. If you spend your time studying and building academic rapport with staff, you will enjoy the academic side of uni. If you spend time socialising, that is what will make uni more enjoyable, and you may miss out on some of the academic benefits. You have to do what you enjoy though. Don’t become stuck in academics because you think it’s the right thing; have fun!

Jessica

English BA (Hons)

It’s been a good year despite the circumstances. I am passionate about my course and have made some amazing friends. Although it’s disappointing we didn’t get a slight refund on tuition fees, our student community had rent strikes that caused us to rightfully get some rent back if we couldn’t return to university because of coronavirus.

Secondary Education (Religious Education) PGCE

Overall, given the circumstances of this year, I feel like my university have done a great job in providing the support they can. All tutors feel personally invest in you as individuals and really want to see you flourish. 10/10 recommend.

University of Bristol

Very stressful overall, but the uni is great, the city is amazing, and i can’t wait to be back next year! Online/ blended learning has been difficult for everyone, but i’m sure next year when we have actual in person stuff it’s gonna be great.

Georgia

Physics BSc (Hons)

I do feel like covid has affected my year here greatly, so it’s hard to be unbiased by the parts the uni couldn’t change, but it was hard to get the same quality online learning and I thought more time could have been given to making live lectures

Kieran

Geography BSc (Hons)

In terms of my department, the teaching and the topics covered within our units have been done to a great standard that I have still enjoyed doing online. The approach the university has taken to coronavirus and not understanding the immense pressure they put onto students is ridiculous. After having a severe mental breakdown in Autumn term, I felt alone and I didn’t feel like the university acknowledged how many students struggled through a difficult year.

Rhea

University of Bristol

Physics with Study Abroad in a Modern Language MSci (Hons)

I was not at Bristol this yet due to yet abroad. But the lack of contact between me and my personal tutor on my year abroad has been difficult and I know for other people studying physics at Bristol this year it has been not very great for them.

India

History BA (Hons)

My experience at university has been good but impacted hugely by Covid and lockdown. I haven’t been to a lecture in over a year and the university aren’t planning on running in person lectures next year. The university experience I’ve received is not the one I was expecting and I am disappointed, especially considering that little was done to reduce fees or compensate for the learning we lost. Although, I must say that the university of Bristol bursary has helped me survive this year and without it I’m not sure I would have been able to continue attending h to university.