University of Brighton | Student Reviews

1,136 University of Brighton reviews

• University of Brighton
Eve

University of Brighton

Covid 19 has definitely had a big effect on my overall experience. However the uni has adapted with the use of teams meetings (video call). The lecturers are always there to help. I’m enjoying the the course.

Emma

University of Brighton

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

This year has been extremely tough I know for myself, and all of friends also studying at uni. The online teaching is definitely not at the same level as the in person teaching received last year. It’s been really difficult doing a very demanding course with very little in person teaching and support. My hours of teaching went from 16-17 a week to only 8! However we’ve all tried to work as hard as we can, and make the best out of the situation! I am looking forward to hopefully having a better third year.

Emma

University of Brighton

Marketing (Social Marketing) MSc (PGCert PGDip)

Disappointing. The social marketing module was the only one directly related to the topic yet the course was advertised as a social marketing masters. It felt like a general marketing masters with it just tacked on and no effort to hold the thread of the topic through modules. As I said earlier there were a couple of amazing lecturers who really did a fabulous job but most of it was pretty disappointing

Eleanor

Media Studies BA (Hons)

Uni of brighton has brilliant lectures and great work spaces but for the money isn't a good deal, and some aspects of teaching can be very very disorganised which makes getting assessments done really difficult!

Holly

University of Brighton

I haven’t enjoyed university at all this year, it’s all been online and it makes me feel quite alone when doing assignments etc and even when covid restrictions were lifted we still have not had the chance to go in at all

Lucrezia

University of Brighton

Product Design with Professional Experience (with Integrated Foundation Year) BSc (Hons)

As I said this year didn’t worth the money, I couldn’t use workshop, materials, I couldn’t see my class or my tutor at uni. The project reflected the distance, I m not happy:(

Lucrezia

University of Brighton

Product Design with Professional Experience BSc (Hons)

My teachers doesn’t teach us, doing product design it’s like teach it by yourself. This year I learn stuff not because the teachers explained but because I thought myself. I asked a few times to the teacher to be more involved to teach us the rules of design or at least the fundamentals of it, but he constantly reply that be a designer it’s about experience. So, what Am I doing to university if I learn alone? This year I lost 9250£ to have some free programs and pay some materials. Lost of money and time.

Benjamin

Architecture BA (Hons)

The university experience overall has been very enjoyable! The work is of course hard, but the tutors and university have been able to help me through everything and enable me to succeed in my studies. The equipment and facilities are varied and easy to access, and there are a plethora of usable study spaces around all of the campuses.

Anthony

University of Brighton

Mechanical Engineering (with Integrated Foundation Year) BEng (Hons)

The university is a great teaching facility overall. It’s easy to ask the lecturers questions, even online. Lectures are very interesting and sometimes engaging. But it’s not just the lectures that made my experience great, but also the vibrant colours of the lively city. Brighton is an amazing place with multiple things to keep you occupied. Whether it’d be countless number of pubs and nightclubs, rollercoaster ride on the pier, or just a stroll along the beautiful coastline.

Hollie

University of Brighton

Physical Education BA (Hons)

They have tried their best to keep everything going throughout the difficult circumstances. We have always had updates and so much support from course leaders.