1,397 University of Bradford reviews

• University of Bradford
Demi

University of Bradford

So far i am very satisfied with my university. I know if the pandemic was absent things would be even better! The university never stopped trying and working to provide us with a great experience

Haleema

University of Bradford

Biomedical Engineering BEng (Hons)

It was probably one of the worst times of my life mentally. I had 0 motivation to attend online lectures which would cut out due to Internet connectivity issues probably at least three times a day. Some lecturer's were understanding about deadlines and mistakes some were not. Noone was horrible maybe just a but stern but I prefer stern teachers. Students on my course do not care. I've barely been to any lectures yet somehow I'm passing so I guess thats going good.

Soumi

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

It a great course, fun and very coursework base but due to the pandemic there was less contractions with the lectures, make it less enjoyable, and due to all the students are in there home making the lecturers difficult to reply on emails so less help from the university. The worst thing paying so much money on accommodation and not even using it even for 1 full semester �

Zulekha

University of Bradford

Computer Science (with a placement year) BSc (Hons)

The university support has been great, good contact with my personal academic tutor has helped me adapt to the change in circumstances. The university has been very accomodating and accepting providing courseworks in place of exams and extensions to help manage the workload. Furthermore, they provide laptops and online books. They have also been understanding in terms of submissions which has been very helpful. This academic year has proven to be very good despite the covid-19 situation.

Rabia

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Staff were supportive and made the course enjoyable. The university provided us help when we needed it. There are lots of societies and ways to get involved in the university. They provided great support during the pandemic to make it easier for us.

Chemistry with Industrial Experience MChem

I really liked my lecturers because they were understanding and excellent teachers. My favourite thing about my course was the lab sessions which were very proactive and promoted independent learning.

Sidra

University of Bradford

Public Health and Community Wellbeing BSc (Hons)

It has been a great experience of studying at Bradford University and I hoping to be back for my masters when ever I decide to start. The lecturers are so helpful and provide you with all the help when needed and having a personal tutor at the start of the course allows you to dicuss any problems you may have and they support you through out.

Ivie-Mae

University of Bradford

Overall I have had a good experience at university considering that my final year of studying is during a pandemic. The tutors have been very helpful and the teaching has been completely online which I surprisingly prefer over face to face teaching which I had during my first and second year.

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

My university experience was great. Made lots of connections with people on and outside of my course. Teaching was okay most of the times however tutors aren’t as bothered about students.

Tomas

University of Bradford

Civil and Structural Engineering (with a placement year) BEng (Hons)

I would rate the university experience 8/10 for UoB. This is for many reasons. All the positives that could be said about the university I have already mentioned. However ther e are 2 negatives left in my personal opinion. The city itself drags the university down a huge mile. Lack of entertainment in the City leads to people going to Leeds, Manchester or York. This GREATLY impacts the experience because outside of the university bar you will almost never see university students going out. UNLESS there is an organised event going on. This makes the city quite barren and only really alive 2/3 days a week which is a shame since as a student you have a lot of free time. Besides that the biggest complaint I have is the 2020 award the university received. Honestly I think its the biggest scam ever for a majority non white university the university sports teams in particular seem to be overwhelmingly white. Now me as white person I don't really have any issues one way or another. HOWEVER I doubt that any race is inherently more or less athletic than any other so I am stumped when I see majority white people when I come across sports teams that aren't mine (even though mine are majority white aswell). Perhaps its a cultural thing. IF thats the case fair enough but in my honest and unapologetic opinion that award should be stripped from the university. 8/10 Fantastic university for introverts.