University of Bradford

1,345 University of Bradford reviews

• University of Bradford
Parbeen

Pharmacy MPharm (Hons)

The facilities are excellent. The campus is smaller so its easier to get around. The atmosphere is great and lively. The course is also good so far, hard and challenging but worth it. Help from faculty would be better as many don't respond to emails, etc so that may need to be improved. But if you ask them in person its fine just hard to find them in person too sometimes.

Reviewed: 31 March 2022
AJ
Afeez Jacob
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Clinical Sciences BSc (Hons)

n/a

Reviewed: 30 March 2022
This review was collected on campus and uploaded in bulk by our team
PG
Patricia Goeyardi

Chemical Engineering (with a placement year) MEng

The university is really helpful and supportive to their students. They understand the difficulties that arise as a student and tries their best to make it as simple as possible. The university can improve by having slightly better communication within staff as well as providing students with more areas where they can be in. For example, having an area in the library where students can study without it being too loud but not in the quiet area as we cannot discuss with our peers.

Reviewed: 24 March 2022
SB
Safina Bibi
FIRST YEAR

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

The university of Bradford is good in many ways. The campus is quite big so you get to tour around and explore the different areas of interest. The library is one of my favorite places, it has 5 floors, all of them contain vast amount of books and many desk areas for students to study and revise. There’s also access to many computers and laptops too. The library has many windows in which you can see the view of the outside filed whilst revising. It gives a stun dent a sense of harmony and peace and drives them to study further in the library. I study in more than one lecture hall in the university so I get to see a change in environment. I also love lab practicals, the facilities the university has are a lot, so they can help me achieve the regulars I want. They make the lab practicals fun as well as serious. On the other hand, I feel like there are things the university could improve on. Firstly, I think there should be more seating areas in student central, where the students get and eat, chill and work along side friends. There are loads of students who attend the university from many different departments and it gets quite crowded during lunch times. In the library, there is a floor that students can talk and converse, however they can not eat. So there needs to be more areas for students to eat and work too.

Reviewed: 20 March 2022
GJ
G Jones
SECOND YEAR

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Pros - quiet area , you’re more inclined to study because there isn’t much happening -cost of living is incredibly low for a university city , housing is cheap and usually located close to the university Cons - difficult to socialise due to large demographic differences, you may find yourself at home all the time , the university don’t host much events

Reviewed: 17 March 2022
Philomena

International Relations and Security Studies MA

It’s a great place to study. There’s a community feeling and one doesn’t feel left out. The lecturers are actually very brilliant and know what they are doing. They also make learning easy.

Reviewed: 10 March 2022
Anysia
First gen student
FIRST YEAR

Forensic Archaeology and Anthropology (with a placement year) BSc (Hons)

The staff are enthusiastic, easy to talk to and willing to help with any issues you have. So many opportunities are offered to students to take part in, academic and extracurricular. I think that campus security can be improved.

Reviewed: 08 March 2022
QI
Qaveem Idrees
THIRD YEAR

Mechanical Engineering BEng (Hons)

Good lecturers Facilities need improvement

Reviewed: 07 March 2022
Fara
FIRST YEAR

Clinical Sciences with Integrated Foundation Year BSc (Hons)

Bradford has such a diverse culture, you get to meet so many different people from all around the world. Various cuisines are found 10 minutes away from the uni, Indian, Chinese, Mexican, so many different cuisines can be enjoyed. The uni has a fantastic counselling service, who can provide fantastic support. There is also a Diversity and Inclusion leadership team who help to embrace diversity and allow staff to meet students of colour to learn about their experiences. Bradford has a team of sabbatical officers who are students themselves who help enhance the experience at the uni. Campus is large and has many faculties, for engineering, science, languages, all of these have their own separate building apart from the main building. The labs are modern and the uni has access to cadaveric material to teach anatomy. Simulation is also used to as an effective teaching tool. Lecturers are all amazing and all willing to help. Some lecturers will even reply to emails outside of uni hours because they are so dedicated to making students achieve the best they can. A discussion board is available for any queries so everyone can benefit from the response. However some downsides are that not many people are aware of the Diversity and Inclusion Scheme, more could be done to make people aware that it exists.

Reviewed: 01 March 2022
HK
Hana Khokhar

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

So far, I’ve enjoyed the university of Bradford campus, but honestly I’ve not explored it all yet! I spend most of my time in the healthcare faculty building, but I like to pop over to the library in a different part of campus, and also the computer rooms in another! There’s always space to study somewhere and I love that I never have to be in the same place twice if I feel like changing things up! It seems that every week I find a new place to study in a quiet calm way, surrounded by all the academic journals and books you could ever need, and laptops and printers too. I honestly love all of the campus that I’ve seen so far, and I need to get myself over to the other buildings too! The only thing I would say that could potentially improve the overall uni feel for me is making more friends in different areas rather than just the people i have classes with.. I’ve made a few, but I reckon to make more I’ll have to put myself out there a bit more and join some societies, which is nerve wracking but exciting haha! I think another thing that could be improved is if the uni had more places for people to relax and socialise as I never find a spare seat for me and a friend in the main campus area! I guess I’ll have to venture outwards and see what other parts of the uni are a bit sparse so I can grace it with my presence :) ������

Reviewed: 25 February 2022