University of Bath | Student Reviews

1,336 University of Bath reviews

• University of Bath
Militsa

University of Bath

Management (with Placement) BSc (Hons)

I was on placement this year so didn't really feel the impact of online university, the support I received was enough and I really enjoyed this year. Doing a placement online, however, has been challenging and I didn't get the full experience of going to the office but had to work remotely for the whole duration of my contract.

Caden

University of Bath

Feel like a valued student here at University of Bath with a good student-staff community. More contact hours or seminars and tutorials could be included in the course.

Jack

University of Bath

Economics (with placement) BSc (Hons)

Online learning hasn’t been ideal, but unavoidable. The lecturers have worked really hard to make the experience as valuable as possible and ensure that learning outcomes are not significantly different. Assessment has been adapted appropriately to the online, open-book environment.

Jasmine

University of Bath

Social Work and Applied Social Studies (including Placement) BSc (Hons)

This year has been strange, I know my department has tried really hard but I haven't had any in person teaching and this has been tough. The lecturers have been energetic and helpful but the deadlines were very challenging especially working from home and I do worry that my placement being remote is going to have negatively impacted my final placement next year

Mia

Pharmacology with Placement MPharmacol

I have enjoyed my 1st year although due to COVID I think I have missed out on certain aspects for example in person teaching and social events. I have been able to make lifelong friends.

Emilia

Criminology BSc (Hons)

It has been difficult making friends, especially with people outside of my course, and finding a group of people to share with next year. Uni has been difficult, I haven’t spent much time I campus at all and i didn’t spend long in my accommodation before I went back home

Aimee

Chemistry MChem (Hons)

Support from the university has been okay, they have been running some online events but it’s still very difficult to meet new people. Online learning has been difficult as different lectures distribute the material differently and it can be confusing to know where to look. Most lecturers have been very good at communicating what needs to be done while others have not. I think clarity is very important.

Bethan

University of Bath

Chemistry (with placement) MChem (Hons)

My overall experience at the University of Bath has been excellent. I love the campus where everything you need is in one place. I enjoy learning the chemistry course and having the opportunity to apply it in labs. I love the city of Bath which is beautiful and has lots of gardens, shops, restaurants, bars and pubs.

Becci

Sport (Sports Performance) FdSc

Although it was short and mostly online because of covid it was run well. All lectures were live online rather than recordings so we could interact with lecturers during the lecture if we had a question. Extension for assignments were easier to get and they were understanding of technical problems.

Elena

Chemistry BSc (Hons)

Despite covid, the university has allowed me to continued to learn and grow as a student whilst supporting me in all ways they could. The structure of the lectures has improved and the lecturers have become more aware of the workload and difficulty of the course due to them having access to all of the material.