Abertay University | Student Reviews

710 Abertay University reviews

• Abertay University
Lauren

Abertay University

Forensic Sciences BSc (Hons)

This academic year has been very different to what was expected, however, it will make next year even better both academically and socially. The university was very accommodating to all the changes that needed to be made to ensure staff and student safety without having to compromise on the quality and enthusiasm when giving lectures and additional support.

Emma

Criminology BA (Hons)

Ive loved every minute of my first year so far. Even the stresses of assessments and exams. Felt a bit separated from my year as I don’t live in halls but thanks to one tutor who encourages us to stay online after class to chat ive felt more included.

W
Will

Abertay University

Computer Games Technology BSc (Hons)

University has completely let some students down when it comes to Covid. Students who don't have access to hardware at home, and cannot travel to uni due to covid restrictions are basically told 'Tough luck' by the uni and not given the opportunity to take extensions on work that they literally cannot complete. The course itself could just as easily be learned via youtube tutorials without spending tuition money and you could spend more time learning employable subjects. Having lecturers to ask questions is nice, but not entirely necessary. University life itself has been enjoyable pre-covid, but is it really worth spending 1000s in tuition fees and accommodation? That's up to you.

anon

Computer Arts BA (Hons)

a huge disappointment again, if you are doing best when teaching yourself/reading instructional books/taking online courses next to it and just need an easy art degree; go for it. if you actually need guidance and help, better apply elsewhere, you won't be supported here

Maggie
30 Jul 20

Abertay University

Good. It is very good teaching is good social life is good. Accommodation is good quality. The city is great.

Criminology BA (Hons)

I have had my ups and downs, but overall i love it here! Aberystwyth is such a great place to be, with a great community, not just amungst students but with the locals as well. The independence that i have gained from my time here is amazing.

Alu

Accounting and Finance (CIMA Gateway) MSc

Kara

Abertay University

great location of uni, library and library facilities are great, halls local and low cost some lecturers great, good opportunity for placements and lots of variety of societys on offer

Abertay University

Ethical Hacking BSc (Hons)

I've had a good time at uni so far. I'm looking forward to the years I have left. I have made an effort to go to different societies and that has led me to learn more and meet new people.

Dylan

Civil and Environmental Engineering BEng

I like the atmosphere and the close knit community feel, the library is a comfortable environment and it feels there is a lot of support for students.