Abertay University

612 Abertay University reviews

• Abertay University
ET
Ellie Thorburn

I love that it’s small as initially I didn’t want to go. The staff are good when in your course however the lack of a union or bigger side leaves students feeling excluded. Unless your in a sport or a club you never really meet anyone apart from people in your course. Other than that it’s a great uni. At the end of the day it’s the degree to the uni

PM
Parvathy Menon

Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)

Nil

1 people found this helpful

Dawn

Cognitive Psychology and Vision Science PhD

Working from home has been challenging but all the support has still been available. My supervisory team was great and helped keep me motivated through difficult times. Our Graduate School organised regular “coffee breaks” to help everyone feel connected. I participated in and presented at 2 conferences (online) this year. Although not the same experience as international travel to events, it still ensured I could disseminate my research findings to appropriate audiences.

Computer Arts BA (Hons)

I think my experience would have been better if we were able to attend on campus but that is not the uni's fault. I think they have attempted a lot in hopes to make the experience as fun as possible but I understand that this is very difficult to do.

HH
Hanan Hindy

Cyber Security PhD

Undertaking a PhD degree is not an easy path, however, I have been supported from the first day until now. I am currently waiting for my Viva. Looking back, I couldn't have asked for more. I had opened channels with my supervisors over the past three years. The Graduate School staff provided me with many resources and guided me with any administrative issues. I had the chance to represent the university in multiple conferences and talks. Overall, my experience at Abertay has been positive!

Antonio

Business Management BA (Hons)

Full online learning, as I stayed in my country this year, but great overall. Online learning was interesting and interactive and I stayed in contact with peers.

Lauren

Forensic Sciences BSc (Hons)

This academic year has been very different to what was expected, however, it will make next year even better both academically and socially. The university was very accommodating to all the changes that needed to be made to ensure staff and student safety without having to compromise on the quality and enthusiasm when giving lectures and additional support.

Emma

Criminology BA (Hons)

Ive loved every minute of my first year so far. Even the stresses of assessments and exams. Felt a bit separated from my year as I don’t live in halls but thanks to one tutor who encourages us to stay online after class to chat ive felt more included.

W
Will

Computer Games Technology BSc (Hons)

University has completely let some students down when it comes to Covid. Students who don't have access to hardware at home, and cannot travel to uni due to covid restrictions are basically told 'Tough luck' by the uni and not given the opportunity to take extensions on work that they literally cannot complete. The course itself could just as easily be learned via youtube tutorials without spending tuition money and you could spend more time learning employable subjects. Having lecturers to ask questions is nice, but not entirely necessary. University life itself has been enjoyable pre-covid, but is it really worth spending 1000s in tuition fees and accommodation? That's up to you.

anon

Computer Arts BA (Hons)

a huge disappointment again, if you are doing best when teaching yourself/reading instructional books/taking online courses next to it and just need an easy art degree; go for it. if you actually need guidance and help, better apply elsewhere, you won't be supported here