University Centre Myerscough | Student Reviews

48 University Centre Myerscough reviews

• University Centre Myerscough

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

It has been a good experience. It could be improved by better food from the restaurant, or even better the opportunity to be catered, which is not the current case.

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

Good but cramped in so must be on the ball. Love the staff they are very well educated! They are very supportive and will go out of the way to help you. There could be some more guidance with assignment writing

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

I have enjoyed the course and feel it has prepared me for qualifying. Overall, I have not enjoyed been away from home due to the course been predominantly girls who the majority of were trouble causers. I feel the wardens did not do enough when I told them about some of the girls were targeting me.

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

Hard to keep up with workload, on block release so not there all the time to be involved in college activities. The staff are very helpful but the food and rooms are sometimes quite disapointing.

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

It has been challenging, leaving home in Ireland to attend uni and having to make friends, all very daunting at the beginning. But, that being said i have made life long friends! Veterinary Nursing is a very hard course, but all worth it in the end :)

University Centre Myerscough

Animal Behaviour and Welfare BSc (Hons)

I'm currently studying BSc animal behaviour and welfare at Myerscough, the campus is lovely and the lecturers are all really understanding and helpful. The only downfalls are that the location isn't close to the town centre so it can be difficult to get to shops if you don't drive (there are buses though).

15 Aug 14

Veterinary Nursing FdSc

I would not recommend Myerscough College to anyone. If you are choosing here as your uni place - don't. Awful uni experience, nonexistent actually. Perhaps if you are a big chav (as most people here are) you would enjoy here but that's about it. The teaching is ok. But student support is extremely poor. I am on a placement year at the moment and trying to get in contact with the placement team is impossible as 90% of the time they are on holiday or just fancy taking weeks to reply to you which is just so useful when you're struggling and have no one to turn to. Thanks Myerscough for wasting thousands of my student finance and ruining 3 years of my life! The accommodation is revolting for the amount you pay for it and a complete waste of money. But then Myerscough knows its got you cos where else can you go…? Myerscough is handily located in the middle of nowhere so expect your student experience to be hugely limited unless you are satisfied with walking down the long long road to the only thing nearby; the local chippy. Forgot joining any clubs unless you fancy the trek down to uclan about 3 miles away and £7 on the bus. Yes, that's right £7! (and that's just a single) The swimming club at uclan is about the only thing that made my time at Myerscough bearable. I wish I had gone to another university because this one has just wasted my time. I will be very lucky if I manage to graduate next year.

Professional Floristry and Floral Design FdA

Absolutely awful. I was on a floristry course and its impossible to achieve your best as the goalposts are continuously moving. The rules are bent and broken by tutors all the time, asking for extra above what is in the brief and deducting marks if you don't add in the verbal extras. Also the course costs a fortune, each week spending lots of money only to receive half dead or not enough flowers to work with. The assignments also cost alot of money, demanding you fill spaces of upto 2m x 2m with flowers. There is no end of year show to speak of, only a cobbled together low budget catwalk show. Accomodation at myerscough is poor at best and very overpriced, nothing works and there are heavy fines for anything that breaks. The student on site bar is dire, barely anyone attends and even then by 11 the place is empty as the under 18s are kicked out. The onsite shop is stocked with processed nasty food at extortionate prices and if you dont have a car, you had better run for that asda bus which may not even run and if it does, you can get on based on how far from college you come from, rather than if you have a car or not or if you have a meal plan or not. Access to preston is dire and expensive with a taxi being £20 and a one way bus ticket from the next village (a long walk) being £5.