Doncaster College and University Centre | Student Reviews

11 Doncaster College and University Centre reviews

• Doncaster College and University Centre
David

Early Childhood Studies UOH MA PT

Zero positivity and depressed staff and students. Staff don't seem qualified. Please think again. I wish i went elsewhere. I could have gone to Hull and foolishly didn't apply

Doncaster College and University Centre

The course is great for learning, and the tutors are fun to work with, but the infrastructure and services supporting those things are badly funded and badly managed. My course is pretty specialized so I don't know where else I could've gone, but in hindsight, there may have been better choices.

Doncaster College and University Centre

It's been the best thing I've done since I was 16. I am ready to start my new career and change my life. Doncaster UNI allowed me to be a father and student at the same time without eitherimpacting negatively on the other. I have one more year left and I am looking forward to doing it again.

Business Management

It's has been great to meet new people and face new challenges with excellent professors

Doncaster College and University Centre

Creative Music Technology BA (Hons)

UCD is based in excellent countryside surroundings and a short bus journey from the city centre which makes it an ideal place of study for all types of students. Whilst at UCD I studied Creative Music Technology and I cannot express enough how great my experience was in terms of the supervision from the faculty, the opportunties available and the people I met. I recommend this university to any student willing to learn and achieve...10/10

Doncaster College and University Centre

Moving Image Production BA (Hons)

The Independant Filmmaking course at University Centre Doncaster is a decent course that covers all aspects of film production and a heafty amount of film theory. The course teaches you that you dont need amazing equipment to make great films. The Independent Filmmaking course has projects which encourages working with people from other courses such as Drama, Dance and Creative Music Technology. The Independent Filmmaking course also offers on occasion external projects outside of the course to give you first hand experience of working in the corporate filmmaking world. By the end you will have come away with a showreel and an experience that you wont get anywhere else.

Doncaster College and University Centre

Moving Image Production BA (Hons)

The Independent Filmmaking course is a fantastic course to help any aspiring filmmaker get to grips with all aspects and areas of film production. The course gives students exactly what the name suggests, its very practicle and hands on. I personally enjoyed this type of course much more than anything theory based as we learn just as we would out in industry only on the course we have added support of tutors and also other students.

Doncaster College and University Centre

Creative Music Technology BA (Hons)

This uni I would not recommend in the slightest, the lecturers are slack, all the support staff I have encountered haven't had a clue what to do and worst of all, they mark work incorrectly. After being told not to submit certain pieces of work, because i'd failed a module, they then phoned me two weeks before i was supposed to start the final year of my course again, firstly asking me if I would like to resubmit my work for it to be marked again. I decided that this may be a good option and went in, after finding out i would be entitled to no funding from the uni at all, and that all my work would be capped at 40%, i didn't want to do this, and would preferred to have done the full year again, granted it would have meant more work, but i could have come out of the end with a much better degree. I was speaking to my course leader and I wasn't given a choice and was told that resubmissions were the only way. The incompetence of the staff and lack of communication throughout has effectively cost me a reputable degree. It has annoyed me that i had no choice in the matter, and wouldn't recommend it at all. The whole course started to go downhill at the start of the second year, when the actual course structure was changed to pretty much a degree we did not sign up for, they have a habit of saying things and never actually following through with it. A further point I would like to make, is when speaking to a member of staff to do with my course, I was told that the deadline would be flexible for my benefit, today, i received an email, which has told me the deadline is not flexible any more, and it is set as a week today. I would have accepted this if it was a firm deadline throughout, but I feel that they have been unfair in telling me that it is fixed a week before.

30 Jun 14

Doncaster College and University Centre

Contemporary Performance Practice BA (Hons)

I have been studying Contemporary Performance Practise at The University Centre Doncaster, which is based at High Melton. For the past two years and I would like to say I have so far had an amazing experience. With the campus been quite small but surrounded by nature it has created a beautiful environment to work and thrive in. The campus is well kept and the staff are friendly and will go out of their way to help you. i find this very important as University is a time in your life where you can freely discover things about yourself and gain your own perspective on life., but at the same time giving you an opportunity to expand your work and practise. I'm not going to lie at times it can be hard and stressful but with the close relations you form with the teachers and staff at Doncaster it makes the stress and panic a lot easier. This bond with the staff and teachers along with other students is unique and rare as you work more closely with one another and form a great love and respect for one another. Word of mouth from friends and family who have studied at big city universities have said their experience has not been the same as mine. I think this is down to working in big busy environments with masses of people making it harder to form these close relations with staff and students. The facilities at Doncaster in the grand scheme of things are great - we have a Theatre with a variety of software’s, equipment, Studio's, performance spaces and many other great facilities that typically students cant afford and also giving you a professional setting to create quality pieces of art and work. If you are a person searching for a beautiful campus with people who are passionate, talented and will accept you for your true self High Melton is the place for YOU