Ulster University

Tara

Physiotherapy BSc (Hons)

1 people found this helpful

Aaron

Construction Engineering and Management BSc (Hons)

1 people found this helpful

Lucy

Artificial Intelligence BEng (Hons)

The location is absolutely beautiful and you're able to see right down to the city and the river. The staff are so kind and considerate towards the students, trying to make this the best university experience possible. The only problem I have had is trying to email my course director about some non-emergency enquiries.

SB
Sophie Briers

Interaction Design BDes

It’s a really good environment for study and I feel like I’m getting the time and place to really discover myself and my interests. However, I do feel that coming out of student life within the covid pandemic that that the area around or students understanding and wellbeing is ignored slightly. I do think it should have been more understood that our levels and capabilities of working from home and living a sheltered life for so long would have huge impacts on the way we take in information as well as distribute content. I feel like the uni experience is the best place for me at the moment and my confidence has been growing slowly over the months. My tutors are very helpful and I feel comfortable in my class but I have struggled a lot with getting back into the education and a learning environment and feel misunderstood when I demonstrate a motivation slack or just find it hard in general to take on content due to the mental impact lockdown etc has had. I feel welcomed to the uni and feel very in my place in my class from the beginning with my tutors even though I start from 2nd year. I have made friendships and bonded with those in my class which is an amazing experience all on it’s own. I just hope that come my final year I can feel more understood in the moments where the past setbacks are taken into consideration in terms of the amount of workload I can produce.

CS
Cara Scott Skilling

Music BMus (Hons)

It’s very central to the rest of the city, there’s good public transport and there are options for food and coffee breaks on campus. There’s a lot of housing near by and take out options near campus. The staff are all lovely in my course and I’ve felt supported and welcome by then since day 1

JN
Jean Nugent
First gen student

Accounting PgDip

na

LT
Laoise Tabi

Software Engineering BEng (Hons)

na

Chi

PhD Business and Management

AM
angela mwawa

Textile Art, Design and Fashion BA (Hons)

All the staff are very helpful when something is wrong

Connor