UCEN Manchester | Student Reviews

139 UCEN Manchester reviews

• UCEN Manchester
Safia

UCEN Manchester

Childhood and Youth Studies (Top-Up) BA (Hons)

Overall experience was difficult because everything went online and I was difficult it was hard because it was not easy to access tutors support online all the time.

Ahmed

Sport Science: Strength and Conditioning FdSc

It was my first year and it went very well. The teaching method was online classes by teams and everything was delivered very well. There is a lot of access to information such as the online library which was very helpful and useful for my assessments.

Adam

Performing Arts (Acting) HNC

My experience at UCEN has been very influential on my life as an aspiri g actor and have achieved new heights in how i can progress my career further. One thing i found useful was how much the staff care about you and how helpful they are and understanding of how much my personal life can impede on my studying and that they trusted me to put the work in.

UCEN Manchester

Childhood and Youth Studies (Top-Up) BA (Hons)

I feel so proud to be part of UCEN Manchester and gain my degree from such an amazing university. UCEN's slogan is 'Find your future' and I truly believe that I have found my future. I have gained so much knowledge, skills and confidence by studying at UCEN. The support from tutors has helped me achieve my dream of becoming a teacher. I would recommend UCEN to anyone.

shaikh

Computer Network Engineering FdSc

its been a wonderful experience. the overall experience taught me alot of new things and made me a confident person overall. i always wanted to do something in IT and i learned so muuch in my foundation degree. the degree taught me alot or things from how to carry out research to write a good report on the given topic. This experience has also motivated me to move further in the education.

Molly

UCEN Manchester

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

Due to covid it had been extremely difficult and a lot different to what we had all imagined. The training that we have had in person is invaluable. That’s why it is such a shame that the online equivalent fell short.

Acting BA (Hons)

Overall I’m starting to regret university as it has a serious effect on my mental health and it has made me Deteriorate. Some staff do want the best for you. But it’s the staff who are not even your tutors. My tutors do not care and it is painfully obvious to them that you are suffering. They needs to be training with mental health. A reliable support system. Tutors not making you feel threatened, And they need to stop allowing people to get bullied.

Heather

Acting BA (Hons)

If it wasn’t for Covid, I know this year would have been amazing because the teachers have so much faith in us. Just wish we had more time with them. They have worked extremely hard but because this is a performance course, it’s hard to continue learning with social distancing, and zoom classes. Sometimes I feel like I’m on summer holiday because we’ve not been contacted and we have nothing to do. A lack of communication can sometimes be an issue.

Megan

UCEN Manchester

Dance and Performance BA (Hons)

It has been an amazing experience as the support we get from teachers is amazing and the learning environment is lovely. We’re pushed to reach new targets and goals and achieve new things everyday from being given opportunities to try things you wouldn’t of been able to try before.

Harry

UCEN Manchester

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

I think my overall experience was very enjoyable apart from the obvious year out due to COVID. The Arden has helped me to become the best performer I could be and have taught me a lot over the 3 years. I feel going forward that there should be more opportunities for students to perform in front of audiences that aren’t just from the university.