Student reviews of Swansea University

3,432 Swansea University reviews

• Swansea University
Derwynn

Swansea University

Aerospace Engineering BEng (Hons)

Increadible. Glad the stress is over but I'd never choose to go to uni anywhere else (especially Cardiff). The course, societies, social life and area are unique and the memories can only ever be made at Swansea.

Very extensive including the SEA (Swansea employability award), specific modules intergrated into the course, employer fairs, trips to companies, etc.

Also brilliant. All lecturers have office hours and verious learning "cafes"(help sessions) are avalible throughout the week

What do you think of your Students' Union? If you don't get involved, why not?

Back to improving had a bad year 2 years ago but are back on a steep improvment much like when I was a fresher (2014)

How good are your university’s facilities?

Incredible. As all the new campus brings more new equipment the facilities are ever improving. The library has specific course librarians who can help each course indidvidually with a deeper understanding

City Life
What’s the city life like?

The city of Swansea has both the homely feeling of a town with the convenience and night life of a city which is a winning combination.

Clubs and Societies
What are the clubs and societies like?

I have a been a member of many such as gymgym (welsh language), canoe and rifle. I am currently the Social Secretary of the rifle club. All the clubs have been increadibly fun and great to be a member of.

There are counsilers on campus both for mental health and money issues as well as havibg a health clininc also on campus. Tutoials have always been a great help however as mentions in facilities there are help sessions run through the week where questions can be asked about anything in the course.

Georgia

Swansea University

Business Management with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

I enjoy uni, the social side and making lots of friends is great. I enjoy my degree but find that the resources provided by lecturers are not great. Working and doing uni work is hard to balance

Y
Y

Swansea University

TESOL and French BA (Hons)

It has been great. I have definitely come out of my comfort zone and improved many skills. I developed interest in subjects I would not know if I had not come to university

Denisa

Swansea University

Medical Genetics BSc (Hons)

I am currently retaking my first year most due to me missing home a lot (i am from Czech Republic) and finding it really difficult to settle myself in UK since I join Ultimate all experince changed rapidlly find great friends who make my experience 100x better

ZW
Ziman Wen

Management (Operations and Supply Management) MSc

The campus are big with good facilities. Though is far from city centre, the campus buses run regularly during terms. The study environment is quite well with helpful teachers and good peers. The living place is too new and things seem go well.

Siân

Swansea University

English with Creative Writing BA (Hons)

My overall university experience is great. The lecturers are really helpful and the facilities are very homely and available. The student life in Swansea is amazing, and overall I’m glad I chose Swansea University. I have a lot of anxieties and concerns when it comes to debt and my career aspects, but overall I don’t think that’s the university’s fault.

Barnaby

Swansea University

Business Management (Finance) BSc (Hons)

Very good! I love studying at university and having my own new found independance. Your experience is what you make it out to be. Whether you choose to keep your head in the books for 3 years or go out 4 times a week, nobody really cares

Eunice

Swansea University

Overall, I have enjoyed my university experience and I would 100% recommend it to anyone who is thinking about doing their further studies as well as trying to become more of an independent, responsible individual as university moulds you into a better person.

Jade

Swansea University

Nursing (Adult) BSc (Hons)

My accommodation from private landlords are the only parts that have really disappointed, they can be greedy and unhelpful. Joining a society has been the best thing I have done, by far! The cooked food within university can be very expensive for a student, could do with providing microwaves. More water fountains needed.

Paul

Swansea University

Electronic and Electrical Engineering MEng (Hons)

I've been here five years (foundation-Masters), it's been very good. New facilities are very good, If you're into the practical side of EE, our Labs are probably the best in the UK.