Swansea University | Student Reviews

4,501 Swansea University reviews

• Swansea University
Bethany

Swansea University

Aerospace Engineering with a Year Abroad MEng (Hons)

It’s been great but the lack of in person experiences hasn’t been the best. Honestly, I spent most of this year at home which means I haven’t managed to meet too many people on my course.

Maksymilian

Geography BSc (Hons)

Overall it was good although freshers wasn't what I thought it will be. The lecture were interesting and professors very nice. The uni is beautiful and the location is also stunning. Massive park behind the uni with loads of space and a way to be one with nature.

Elle

Swansea University

Business Management with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

The best part is meeting new people and being in a new environment, the university experience has been okay but obviously not like normal due to covid. However, the uni has handled covid well and we have onsite test centres. We also had a few in person workshops in our first term.

Natalie

Physics MPhys

Overall has been good but dissapointing due to covid restrictions as many facilities have been in accessible and have had 0 in person contact teaching. Despite this most teaching material has been relatively effective considering the circumstances

Y
Yunus

Human Rights, LLM

Swansea is a small city but it has its own charm. It is a seaside city south of Wales and has great places to explore every day. I love riding my bike to Mumbles and enjoying the sunset there. I love to try new bars and restaurants from different cuisines on Wind Street for the night with my friends. I love shopping at the ethnic shops on St Halen Rd where I can find all the ingredients to cook my favorite traditional dishes from my home country. If you are looking for quality education at the best universities in the UK, enjoy outdoor activities and long walks in wonderful scenery, and want to live in a multicultural city, I strongly recommend you to attend Swansea University.

Rebecca

Modern Languages BA

I’ve really enjoyed my time at Swansea university. Teaching, both online and in person, has been great and I’ve always felt well supported by both the uni and the lecturers.

Sophie

Biology BSc (Hons)

Not alot of effort has gone in to student wellbeing, I've done some research myself with local charities and they've said most of the people ringing mental health lines are those from Swansea university.

Jade

International Journalism, MA

Teachers have adapted well to online teaching and have made it easier to transition to learning from home. Some assessment formats need improvement as they don't always translate well when being done at home.

Sheila

Swansea University

Despite online classes and the despair of being by deprived a real physical university experience, I am thankful for the university’s amazing support in my studies from my lecturers to recordings to seminars to quizzes and so much more!

Abdullah

Structural Engineering, MSc

Overall, I had a very good time at Swansea University. I really enjoyed studying there under the supervision of the talented and experienced professors in all the course subjects. I have taken very informative courses that I always wanted to learn to further my professional background. Moreover, all of the university's facilities, classrooms and library are well presented and well-equipped.