Student reviews of Staffordshire University

• Staffordshire University
ST
Samuel Turner

Staffordshire University

Media (Film) Production BA (Hons)

To summarise, If you have a passion for film in any area and really believe it's what you want to do then this is course for you. It's worth all the down sides of the university as I've seen the work produced by other universities doing film and seen their chances of employment and it's slim to none compared to the film course at Staffordshire University. It teaches you professional skills, you see everyone else's film in the film theatre and the whole film community helps one another and you find truly like-minded people. THE COURSE is amazing and I had the best time of my life taking part. the UNIVERSITY EXPERIENCE however is very different. If you are choosing film because you're not sure what you want to do, it looks easy and you just want to go out and make friends and get drunk - don't. The film course is only good if you devote yourself to your passion but people who choose it for the sake of it often end up dropping out or changing. Apart from this course there is no real reason to be at this University. Living off campus the first year i often felt very unsafe and very alone. It was very rough initially and I genuinely feared for my safety at times. Having said that, the year i moved on campus and really took in my passion for film, bonded with everyone and enjoyed myself sensibly it was the best time ever and really reformed me as a person.

Fran

Daina

Staffordshire University

Cartoon and Comic Arts BA (Hons)

A good experience with ups and downs. Halls are awful

Matthews

Staffordshire University

Love it, stressful but fun

James

Get inspired!

Mike

Very good

Ben

Good

Adam

Staffordshire University

We are told we get double the work in the first semester causing students to stress out.

Alexandra