St Mary's University College, Belfast

126 St Mary's University College, Belfast reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• St Mary's University College, Belfast
TR
Tara Reel
1 review
FIRST YEAR

BA (Hons) Liberal Arts with Irish

St. Mary’s really is what I expected it to be. The staff and students are so welcoming and friendly. After starting in September, I have met so many new friends which has helped me to adapt to the University life. I am glad I can say I enjoy attending lectures. The feedback I get from work is very in depth and helpful. I know that if I need a second opinion or question anything, I can email lecturers straight away which is another positive aspect. The facilities are top of the art, with a new library being built on campus. I feel like I’m back in my old High School all over again!

Reviewed: 10 March 2022
32440 reviews

it is a good uni experience and the lectures are of a very high quality. There are lots of good facilities such as the science labs etc. I would advise new students to try very hard to make good friends in your first semester as that is when everyone bonds and you will enjoy the experience better!

32440 reviews

I am enjoying studying at St Mary's, it is in a great location and the staff and lecturers are very helpful. I do have one minor complaint though, it would be nice if they could ease back on some of the seemingly irrelevant content of the course. And also, the Student Union is rather poor.

32440 reviews

Make sure you always go to your lecturer if you need help as that is what they are there for! they are just waiting for you to ask, no need to suffer! it is great to see them so enthusiastic about the subjects they teach!

32440 reviews

St mary's is a really nice university to study at. I love uni life because it is a nice small campus and it does feel like everybody is very much together as a family and we all support each other a lot.

32440 reviews

Education (Secondary) with Technology and Design BEd (Hons)

I am really really enjoying my uni experience! it is so great to be in a place where you can meet such great friends while studying (in a gorgeous place!) something you feel passionate about. Love it at SMUC!

32440 reviews

I am very glad I chose St Mary's University, I love it here. It has a really great atmosphere, the courses are extremely interesting and almost all of my lectures are very informative and helpful. All in all, it is currently turning out to be a great learning experience.

32440 reviews

St Mary's University College was my second choice but now I am really glad I had to come here. For my kind of course it is perfect as it has a real sports oriented feel and the facilities and clubs and societies are really good! Just need more girls!

32440 reviews

This is a good uni and I love the course I am studying. Met some great people, made great use of the facilities - although they could be better. Accomodation is ok but a bit boring and the Students Union is a waste of time but otherwise it is a good place to be.

32440 reviews

I like this uni a lot and the fact that it is a small and very close knit community is very comforting. I think it has a lovely atmosphere and everyone is very friendly and I also think St Mary's has good facilities on offer for students.