SOAS University of London | Student Reviews

588 SOAS University of London reviews

• SOAS University of London
Tatiana

MA Japanese Studies

It has been rather dismal. The takeaway is this: in terms quality of lecture content, SOAS scores high. However, there is a high level of the incompetency, disorganisation, and overall lack of communication between the university's various departments. This one fatal flaw so much outweighs any other strengths the university may have that I would STRONGLY urge anyone thinking of applying to think twice.

Mark

PhD in African Studies

Some great scholars, but too much in fighting and lack of collaborative spirit and organization, such a shame, lots of wasted potential. You'd think that such a small institution could foster collegiality.

Y
Yilmaz

Poor

Charli

SOAS University of London

Social Anthropology BA (Hons)

Uni at SOAS is highly political, super fun and quite work based. The societies are wicked particularly drag soc and a lot of the cultural societies. ACS throws the best parties. You learn a lot about who you are and appropriate ways to act in spaces. It’s amazing.

SOAS University of London

It doesn’t feel like it’s coming to an end! I love soas for the way it has shaped who I am and made me a better person. I am so grateful and fortunate to be here. Alhamdiullah

Ellette

SOAS University of London

Global Development BA (Hons)

This is my first experience and so far it’s good thanks to SOAS where the sense of community is big. Money can be short sometimes but there are a lot of things you can do/eat without spending too much. London is vibrant so you’re never bored so it’s nice

Manu

PhD in Religions and Philosophies

SOAS is a highly specialized and research focused institution, well connected to the broader international academic field. It suits my interests perfectly. It offers a variety of programs in Asian and African cultures, taught by competent and inspiring scholars.

Linnea

SOAS University of London

Politics and Korean BA (Hons)

My overall university experience has been good so far. The only hindrance to my performance are personal problems but the school has been able to provide me help with managing school work so it has been helpful. The year abroad was an essential part of my degree and it really gave me a broader perspective on my studies and important life lessons in general.

Thais

SOAS University of London

Love the people I have met here, but i feel like there's not enough academic support and improvement

Y
Yasmin

SOAS University of London

MA Korean Studies (Literature Pathway)

Very enjoyable