Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama

4 Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama
Anon
1 review
SECOND YEAR

BMus (Hons) Jazz BMus (Hons)

Don't go here, if you have some bad luck you will slip through the net and be destroyed by them. While I was living in a dangerous situation and struggling for it they persuaded me to take the year out for 'the sake of the others', leaving me in the dangerous situation with zero contact or support.

Reviewed: 13 December 2020

MA Stage & Event Management

We have incredible facilities and we work on some incredible projects and we get amazing placements in some huge venue's, plus there has been a 100% employment rate in the industry after 6 months. The night life is pretty terrible, it feels like we work all the time and we don't have time to develop our own personalitys and friendships.

Reviewed: 04 April 2014

Music BMus (Hons)

I would not recommend the music course at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama. I hugely regret my decision to study there and I am now taking time out before my postgraduate studies to ensure that I can go to the right institution. The lecturers are not only unhelpful but often rude and biased. Cardiff is a nice city, but the courses is so demanding that it leaves no time to enjoy the surroundings, let alone have any time to practise. Booking rooms to practise is a nightmare and this shold be the highest priority for anyone who wants to study music at a conservatoire. This is a common opinion of the music department at the college. I would highly recommend studying anywhere else other than the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama.

Reviewed: 05 January 2014

Music BMus (Hons)

The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama is totally negative in supporting students. In particular several music departments are totally biased with favourtism in marks and have an incredibly negative atmosphere. I was part of one of these departments and I feel I now need a break to decide what path to take in a career. This is due to having virtually no career advice whilst being at college. I would recommned going to any other music college than RWCMD and I wish I had taken a different offer. I am not the only one to feel like this. Furthermore I think what is most evident at college is the amount of students on anti depressants which in my department is very high. This is not a good place to study.

Reviewed: 22 December 2013