Royal Holloway, University of London | Student Reviews

914 Royal Holloway, University of London reviews

• Royal Holloway, University of London
Salma

Royal Holloway, University of London

Economics with Spanish BSc (Econ) (Hons)

Some professors gave little to no support or care to the module or students. But some professors were amazing. Course fees should have been reduced due to covid. A greater selection of modules should have been given.

Bethany

Royal Holloway, University of London

Modern and Contemporary History BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed my first year experience, despite it being completely different to what I had expected. The blended learning technique used by the History department at Royal Holloway was engaging and still allowed me to easily grasp concepts without being in the classroom all the time During in-person seminars, I always felt that I was in a safe learning environment and was lucky to still be able to experience face to face discussions and debates to further my learning

Sarah

Royal Holloway, University of London

Drama and Theatre Studies BA (Hons)

I think that the uni has provided what they can considering the unprecedented circumstances but unfortunately having a experience within the course and of the department depends on which tutors and lecturers you have as some are not supportive or helpful at all.

Jamie

Physics BSc (Hons)

Uni has allowed me to realise how to gain a sense of fullness in life. There is a state of mind that I wish I cold be in all the time, and uni allows me to experiment with my lifestyle, habits, and behaviour to find the most realistic and practical way of being the happiest and best I can be, I don't know if its because your away in a new life, or because your living in a lovely house with interesting people, but the resultant effect is what I think people mean where they say university is magical.

Emilia

Royal Holloway, University of London

Financial and Business Economics BSc (Econ) (Hons)

I think some of the teaching is good, haven’t used facilities because of covid and i haven’t spent long enough time to know about job prospects. However it is a nice university and i have heard from others that job prospects are good.

Narmeen

Royal Holloway, University of London

I think my overall experience in Royal Holloway is pretty good considering the current pandemic which obviously impacted everyone’s lives and changed how we are taught at University

Chloe

Royal Holloway, University of London

English and Creative Writing BA (Hons)

The first term where we had blended learning was by far my favourite part of the year as it meant getting to interact with other students as well as seminar leaders. Online learning has been something I have not personally enjoyed and do not feel as though this academic year was worth the £9250 that it cost. Though most academic staff made a good effort to make online learning as enjoyable and easy to get through as possible, it did not make for an overly enjoyable university experience.

Narmeen

Royal Holloway, University of London

Psychology, Clinical and Cognitive Neuroscience BSc (Hons)

I would say that my overall experience of university has been good so far. I know have not been able to experience my university years so far in the traditional way because of the current pandemic, but I’m hopeful for a more interactive university life in the upcoming year

Keziah

Royal Holloway, University of London

Biochemistry with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)

I feel as though I had missed out on the full university experience due to the pandemic. It feels as though there are limits to my learning which prevents me from picking up useful skills. Despite the pandemic I have managed to have some understanding of the course.

James

Royal Holloway, University of London

Law with Criminology LLB (Hons)

1) Teaching quality - really good. The thing that I've personally found is that the tutors are really helpful & always make time even if they are busy. If you need any help from them, just shoot them an email & they'll arrange a meeting with you very soon