University of Roehampton

956 University of Roehampton reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• University of Roehampton
32440 reviews

Primary Education (Religious Studies, Foundation and Key Stage 1) BA (Hons)

I am really enjoying it here so far. It is nothing at all like some of the silly, scary reviews I read, it is fantastic! There are good nights out, just absolutely amazing people and a great Student Union!

Forensic Psychology ForenPsyD

Uni is really good and I am enjoying it! I am an American student here for a semester. I would definitely recommend this uni to other Americans. My advice to potential students is just do it! Get out there and try something new!

South Asian Dance Studies PgDip

I love my uni course and the location. Being close to Central London is the best and easy accessible. Make sure you take advantage of the lovely uni, campus and London City - it is amazing!! Oh and There is plenty of Krispy Kremes available!!

Philosophy BA (Hons)

The lectures are helpful but some courses are very challenging - particularly for me! It is in a great location and is so close to everything with Putney near by. It can be hard to find the particular books I need in the library sometimes but other than that, it is excellent! it is really everything I wanted and more.

32440 reviews

Creative Writing BA (Hons)

So far, I've had a fantastic time at this university. The course is thoroughly enjoyable and the campus is beautiful, and conveniently just outside central London! The only negative I can possibly think of is the female to male ratio which is extremely girl-heavy!

32440 reviews

Primary Education Key Stage 2 (Music Education) BA (Hons)

Roehampton University is such a great place to study. Although less known publicly, which is a shame, the courses and results provided/achieved are really very good and our lecturer's really care about our learning as much as their own research. My employability prospects are outstanding from here and the whole living life-style is perfect(even if London can get expensive!), making Roehampton the ideal place to study.

32440 reviews

Primary Education Key Stage 2 (Music Education) BA (Hons)

This is a great University which is less known in the public eye, probably because the offered courses are more Arts and Humanities than Sciences compared to other universities. However, of the subjects that are offered, Roehampton manages to receive high results and achievements from us as students - and most importantly, the lecturer's really care about this as well as their own research. My career prospects from here are excellent and the campus has a close community feeling to it with something on offer for everyone, making it the ideal place to study.

32440 reviews

Primary Education (English, Foundation and Key Stage 1) BA (Hons)

I urgently beg people not to pay £9,000 to go to this university. You will not get your money's worth. You will get unorganised tutors, badly organised courses, tutors with the attitude of a toddler- they couldn't really care less You will get a stunningly beautiful campus and great links to gorgeous parts of London. But it's not worth it, the money, the staff, the horrific organisation, the rudeness of those who are supposed academics. I was on a primary ed course and felt like I was barely prepared for any of my placements. I felt like it was a rushed process and the supervisors didn't have a clue. They were just there to act like they did. My supervisor was particularly rude and offered useless advice when it came to how I could progress. It's not my fault the university is crap As for teaching, it's a badly paid job and if you're not enjoying it, don't force yourself to. It's not worth the long years, the planning, the useless programme convenors and just the course itself.

Reviewed: 17 January 2014

Dance BA (Hons)

Uni will inevitably be an amazing experience wherever you go, but personally my experience so far at Roehampton is leading me to believe that these 3 years will be by far the best and most memorable of my life. The campus itself is stunning, and everything is within a 10-15 minute walk; living in halls means you can get from your room to your lectures so quickly, and the library is just across from where I'm staying in Lee House (which has lovely spacious rooms with en suites and a huge, modern kitchen!).The lecturers are generally very approachable and keen to help you out with any queries, and the 'Programme Representative' scheme here ensures students have frequent opportunities to feedback on various aspects of their course, whether positive or negative. There are so many types of people here from all over the world, and there is always something going on, whether it's a student union-led event, or something in central (which is only 30 minutes away by train, tube or bus), so you will never have an excuse to be lonely or complain about being bored!

Reviewed: 11 November 2013
32440 reviews

Drama, Theatre and Performance Studies and English Literature BA (Hons)

Such a lovely looking uni. All the lecturer's will always have their door open to you and you won't believe you are to central!

Reviewed: 20 October 2013