Queen Mary University of London | Student Reviews

916 Queen Mary University of London reviews

• Queen Mary University of London
Johana

Queen Mary University of London

Hispanic Studies with Business Management BA (Hons)

I really enjoy my time at my uni. However, I would have preferred having face to face teaching but I know they tried to make the best they could to help all of the students so I’m very grateful and I can’t wait for my second year!

Emma

Queen Mary University of London

Film Studies with a Year Abroad BA (Hons)

could have been better but to a certain extent it was good considering covid. the modules were interesting and well taught, and we received support on essay writing. issues with the practical module.

Isobel

English BA (Hons)

My lecturers could not have handled the situation better, and have remained extremely supportive and motivating throughout. The complications over grace periods and zones of consideration did put a dampener on my confidence in my assignments.

Dalia

Queen Mary University of London

Modern Languages BA (Hons)

Whilst it may seem cheesey, I have really enjoyed university this year. Despite it being online and not at all the "traditional" uni experience, it was a nice new way of easing into university life from an online perspective. I look forward to going into campus more often in the future but I honestly wouldn't mind continuing online due to the high standard it has been! The only thing I would complain about is the fact that it is online and yet tuition fees remain the same - it might have been nice for a slight reduction to have accounted for this.

Emma

Queen Mary University of London

Film Studies and Drama with a Year Abroad BA (Hons)

Honestly, compared to other students I cannot be too judgmental as I have had a fairly smooth ride and have been able to keep my grades up. However, if has not been a ‘fun’ or ‘easy’ year. Zoom classes are ineffective and I’ve felt like I’ve been working through my course on my own. It has been what it is.

Sarah

Queen Mary University of London

Mathematics and Statistics with a Year Abroad BSc (Hons)

Queen Mary is a good university academically which also has many things on offer apart from academic which make the experience really amazing. I experienced all those things in first year when I was living on campus. From your first day on campus as a new uni student till the last, they make it really engaging and you instantly feel a part of a community. Obviously virtual university isn’t anyone’s fault, but as a result uni hasn’t been great this academic year. Not by any fault of the uni but just because online uni sucks. But the principle is often in touch with us with updates and with concern about all the students’ health, so it’s definitely a really good environment to be in. So far my experience is also that most heads of each department are helpful and prompt with replies which is always good.

Angelica

Drama BA (Hons)

It’s hard to say really. First year was all about getting to know people and only counted for 10% of your overall uni grade. This year I’ve not been in physically, once. The uni lecturers have tried really hard to create a syllabus that was adaptable for online learning, but it just hasn’t really worked. I totally understand that the pandemic threw everything up in the air, but some of my modules are terrible. It doesn’t make any sense to have them online.

Hannaa

Queen Mary University of London

English and History BA (Hons)

Overall university experience for this academic year has been interesting, least to say, however it has definitely been useful and beneficial. I have gained deeper understanding in my course, of which it has been extremely enjoyable and helpful towards future subject choices and career prospects. I have received wonderful support from the academic and support staff, both in my learning and wellbeing. However, since the second semester, there is a lack of engagement from a number of staff members, and there seems to be a lull in certain seminars as they are becoming more reliant on set individual reading rather than active discussions within seminars. This does not retract from my interest in the course which is still at a peak and flourishing.

Medicine (Graduate Entry) MB BS

I love studying here. There is a really strong sense of community with lots of support from staff and peers. Th lectures are well organised and structured! And highly enjoyable. I would recommend this uni to a friend for sure.

Chloe

English BA (Hons)

Despite covid, I’m extremely happy with my quality of teaching - my main concern for my university experience! My department adapted very well to online teaching, and also encouraged collaboration/interaction via writing retreats and group calls. I’d highly recommend Queen Mary for their English course, as there are so many module choices to choose from. I also had the option of choosing a module from an appropriate alternative department.