Student reviews of Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

• Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
V
Viveca

Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Haven't met my expectations at all. The level of teaching is below high school standards, and there's no real challenges or requirements. A sense of cohesion is missing from the course, and between students.

RB
Ronja Bethke

Film and Media BA (Hons)

No regrets. Busy, fun and full of new things to learn and to grow as a person from. It has its tough times, but it's very worth it. Definitely worth for the people you meet and the challenges that define you as a person.

Katie

Nursing BSc (Hons)

I love university. I’ve made friends and settled in well with my course. I’ve discovered it’s expensive though and a part time job is needed. It’s diffi to manage money

Linda

Podiatry BSc (Hons)

Better than I could have ever imagined. All the staff at QMU are amazing. My classmates are all very nice, a good mix of ages, backgrounds and personalities which makes classes enjoyable.

Louise

Film and Media BA (Hons)

I have loved it. I have been supported and bale to achieve. I have made some amazing friends and had some fantastic opportunities. Along side being able to make career connections i'm incredibly proud of the work i have been assigned but also done in my free time. So happy!

Tracy13

Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Public Sociology BSc (Hons)

Although I have felt very stressed at times. My experience of university has so far been very positive, due to support of staff and peers. If you are worried or dont understand something ask for help, everyone at the university wants you to have a good experience and to do well.

Joanna

Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

The university experience has been fun, but also an emotional rollercoaster! It’s been great academically, but also individually as I have become independent and reliant on myself. It teaches you valuable lessons and sets you up for adulthood!

Mark

Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

Business Management BA (Hons)

I am now in my third year at QMU studying my undergraduate in BA (Hons) Business Management with Finance. The opportunity for us to study a joint degree only recently came around as part of our module review. I think this is a great move forward for the University and faculty as it allows for students to get an extra standing in their field of choice that they may wish to enter after graduation. My social life has totally skyrocketed since coming to QMU, living on campus has let me meet many people from all walks of life. I came to QMU alone, I knew no one and was the only pupil from my school to apply. I would confidently say that I have made life long friends at QMU.

Natasha

Podiatry BSc (Hons)

I have not liked it and do not recommend my university to prospective students. This university is very basic and will make you feel totally isolated when travelling to and fro and if you live in halls here is not a single thing to do. Except have dominoes.

Marta

Physiotherapy (Pre-registration) PgDip/ MSc

It could have been better. I am proud of my achievements but I feel what I’ve learnt is not worth the money I spent to attend this course. I was very lucky in terms of flatmates but I think the Accommodation could be improved, especially in terms of expensiveness and availability of basic services like laundry.