Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh

960 Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh reviews

• Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh
Graham

Diagnostic Radiography MDRAD

This uni seems to operate with very little oversight of staff and their work. The level of communication is poor and expectations on students is unrealistic. Lecturers have stated that "students shouldnt have a job, they should be focusing on their studies" and activities and work was set on weekends but students were not permitted to contact staff over weekends for clarification. Very little regard for work life balance and if you have an issue, expect you to have to fix it with little staff support. As already mentioned disability support for me was non existent and frankly embarrassing that a uni operated in the way it did and how it expected students to fix issues the university created.

5 people found this helpful

Cara

Events and Festival Management BA (Hons)

1 people found this helpful

Sasha

Theatre and Film BA (Hons)

I have had an overall positive experience at the uni, the troubles with covid this year have obviously had an impact on learning and a lot of students felt a huge drop in motivation, myself included. The uni itself has been helpful in helping student through this though.

1 people found this helpful

Dean

Theatre and Film BA (Hons)

This year was hard due to covid restrictions, but overall I had an enjoyable experience. I was able to push myself in new ways during this year and learn a wider array of skills.

Freya

Education Studies (Primary) BA (Hons)

jodie

Public Relations and Marketing Communications BA (Hons)

An overall an interesting and enjoyable year learning new skills with working from home and learned some interesting new subjects. Good information provided regarding our transition into the final year

JB
Jay Bathgate

Public Relations and Marketing Communications BA (Hons)

Overall amazing

Marion

So far, i have mostly enjoyed the uni in general and love my course - as I have many opportunities to be hands on

Rachel

Diagnostic Radiography MDRAD

I would have preferred more in-person classes as we were told we would have a blended learning approach. The clinical placements provided by the university are great and some of the sites provide tutorials to further your learning and prepare for exams.

SH
Shaniese Hussain
First gen student

I like thats its a small uni, i dont have to worry about being overwhelmed and getting lost