Point Blank Music School

135 Point Blank Music School reviews

Our collection of real, honest student reviews of unis and courses is the largest in the UK, and help you make well-informed decisions about your future. Student reviews also form the basis of our annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards(WUSCAs), which highlight great work carried out by institutions for their students.

• Point Blank Music School
MT
Mummukcha Tripathi
FIRST YEAR

Point Blank Music School is one of the best place if you want to step inside the music industry. The best part is the experienced instructors and the professional studios make the learning more interesting and cheerful. The practical knowledge provided by the institution is probably the best and the studios are way more professional than any other competitors. The only thing that needs improvement is the IMacs inside the practice studios should be replaced as they are pretty slow and slow down the creative process too. Also Point Black should tie up with an accommodation agency so it gets cheap and easy for students to get an accommodation while they study there.

Reviewed: 22 April 2022
KM
Kyle Morin
THIRD YEAR

Point Blank is a fantastic school with amazing lecturers. I’ve learned so much during the degree!

Reviewed: 22 March 2022
OA
Oscar Antequera Arilla
THIRD YEAR

Really good teachers and some bad ones too. Student life is really basic. The level of the students is high so that is really good for the networking. The classes and the office feel kinda distant and disconnected, no proposals presented get anywhere ever...

Reviewed: 18 March 2022
HA
Hannah Albrecht
THIRD YEAR

Personally, I think the best thing about studying at PB online is the truly international atmosphere while studying. Students come from all corners of the world, which creates wonderful friendships and networking opportunities. I also love that we mostly stay in the same groups, meaning that we are able to create really strong bonds in and outside of classes. I think something that would still be cool would be an opportunity to work on a project on campus for like a week or so, to have everyone come together and enjoy the atmosphere on campus.

Reviewed: 17 March 2022
SM
Saffron Murray
First gen student
SECOND YEAR

Point Blank was a first choice for me in terms of what Uni’s I wanted to apply for. I would say their facilities are brilliant: the studios and equipment are beyond what I was expecting, especially the mixing desks and DJ rooms. The general vibe with PB is friendly and relaxed, which I feel comes from the size of the Uni. Although there aren’t as many students as there would be in some of the major London Uni’s, I feel this makes the experience more personal. I’ve managed to get to know loads of people within my course and have had the chance to get to know the lecturers more as well. I feel the only thing I would say needs some improvement is the student societies. These comments come from those who are actively engaging in societies and have set one up (I have only joined one for networking possibilities). I think some students find they’re able to create one but get a bit lost with ideas and feel some more support or guidance from the Uni would make the societies more engaging.

AC
Akinola Cumberbatch
FIRST YEAR

The environment is one that promotes learning from the Hub to any of the studios at either campus. Really great place for education.

GS
Gilbert Schembri
THIRD YEAR

Academic knowledge is important but the great thing from my experience studying at Point Blank Music School that sets it apart is the care they take for you to succeed and achieve your potential. You are constantly encouraged to push your limits, explore all avenues and put everything into practice at industry standards. I only have great things to say. Point Blank got me out of my shell, giving me confidence in my abilities and I notice that every day with every single project I take on. Thank you Point Blank

GB
Gustavs Baskinceus

Sauhara
FIRST YEAR

Music Production and Vocal Performance (2 Years) BA (Hons)

TD