Plymouth College of Art | Student Reviews

42 Plymouth College of Art reviews

• Plymouth College of Art

Illustration BA (Hons)

Genuinely, I loved it. Great tutors, an amazing space to work in and a whole load of opportunities throughout and at the end. I felt like I had a really successful degree show, gaining commissions and gallery shows from the back end of it. It was a real place for me to grow. I came in with a set mentality, I was rigid and unable to attain the higher grades, by the end however, I was more relaxed and keen to experiment. My third year saw me getting my best grades and leaving with a sense of achievement.

Sarah

Plymouth College of Art

I loved it. I tried to get the very most that I could from it. I had hoped for a more thorough contextual studies module, but other than that I've really not anything negative to say. The creative community is exciting and energetic and the college is a wonderful environment to be in.

Robert

Plymouth College of Art

Film & Screen Arts BA (Hons)

It has been great. One of the highlights has been meeting and being around other like-minded people. Everyone studying here is so creative and it doesn't take much to be inspired!

Aden

Plymouth College of Art

Film & Screen Arts BA (Hons)

My overall journey on the BA Film course was a very challenging and rewarding one, I made a lot of films which was vital for my portfolio moving forward in my chosen career.

MR
M. R

Plymouth College of Art

Craft & Material Practices BA (Hons)

If I can't recommend then I have to say so so. I am a mature student, therefore I am aware of the workings of companies and politics that go with them. On a scale of 1-10 my personal opinion is 6.

Illustration BA (Hons)

Disappointing. As a whole, it seemed like the university was just focused on money and there were a lot of internal politics going on. I didn't feel like I was encouraged or nurtured at all and the only reason I didn't drop out was because by the time I really wanted to, I'd worked so hard and I didn't want to have wasted my time. I also wanted my degree so I saw it through, but I wish I gone somewhere else.

Plymouth College of Art

Fine Art (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

I loved my time studying Fine Art at PCA, it was great to be able to explore my own practice, define it and take it further. I grew in confidence and met people that I see as future collaborators. The facilities are amazing.. it was a constantly inspiring environment.

Plymouth College of Art

Fashion Design (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

I loved my experience at PCA. I made great friends and had the opportunity to be showcased at some large scale events which landed me an internship and paid work at the end of it. I'm also now employed and have made some great connections for starting my own projects outside of Uni.

Photography BA (Hons)

It's been really exciting, I think it's true when they say it's three of the best years of your life. I met so many creatives, picked up way more skills than I thought I would when I applied and everything is just so open-door. You feel like you can do anything and there are loads of opportunities to collaborate with other students and our final degree show in London was incredible. You don't realise how much you have learnt and how much you've grown (I know, cheesy line!) until you've actually graduated. The college has a small community and you don't feel limited. I've studied at a large university before and I just felt lost in a massive sea of students - you were literally just a number and a tuition fee. Here at the college all the lecturers know you, your work and your working processes and they make you feel included, you don't feel like you're being judged - it makes all the difference in how you approach your practice.

Plymouth College of Art

Graphic Communication BA (Hons)

Before completing my BA (Hons) Graphic Design degree, I also studied at there at Pre-Degree level straight from school. The relationships I had made with staff and students made it a really easy decision to go on and complete my degree at the college.