Plymouth College of Art | Student Reviews

42 Plymouth College of Art reviews

• Plymouth College of Art
Amy

Plymouth College of Art

I moved away from Northern Ireland to be taught in Plymouth my experience has been amazing and have met the best people ever it was hard moving over at first not knowing anyone but I quickly settled in and in my 2nd year now I couldn’t have picked a better place to live if study

Rome

Plymouth College of Art

Textile Design (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

My university experience has had its ups and downs but finishing this year all being well, it’s been amazing! Lots learned to carry all throughout my job hunt, being at work and life as a whole! It’s one of the best times of your life and it’s absolutely true! You learn so much about yourself and prepares you for what’s next! It goes by fast , can be hard at times but really rewarding!

Madison

Plymouth College of Art

Painting Drawing and Printmaking BA (Hons)

Welcoming, creatively stimulating, friendly, challenging, fun, worthwhile. I have truly grown as a person since joining PCA both personally and creatively. I have benefited from the counselling provided and the challenging briefs and activities run. I feel more like a well rounded artist and enjoy experiencing all the new things PCA has to offer.

Holly

Plymouth College of Art

Textile Design (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

It has been a whirlwind of experiences but great learning so many new skills and exciting to be around so many creative students and lecturers. It is exciting to know you are building your future.

Illustration BA (Hons)

I really love my uni, I don't think I could have found somewhere better for me. I've been given so many incredible opportunities since I got here and my work has improved massively.

Tuesday

Plymouth College of Art

Pretty good, I’m making more friends and being more involved with my course. I found the first year pretty tough but this year is going really well, there are lots of trips this year

Plymouth College of Art

Commercial Photography (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

I've honestly loved it and I'm sad to be in my last year. My uni isn't the biggest but it has an amazing community and I never see negativity. Both the university and the students always strive to help eachother and I think that's something really important as we can all learn new things off of eachother. PCA just keeps on growing and improving, it was great when I started and it's even better now.

30 Jun 19

Illustration BA (Hons)

To keep this section brief, there is a very big emphasis on self-directed work as a student here, which is great if you're looking for room to breathe and explore, but not so helpful if you're looking for formal, technical learning to be ready for a specific role in the industry, it's a little too free-form learning in that regard. Student morale seems steady and relatively positive throughout, deadlines are handled with efficiency and confidence (which I would consider a huge positive note) It is worth noting that nothing I have indicated as problematic in my time at University is beyond improving, I just think that the university needs to acknowledge certain aspects of the course they are currently offering in terms of giving the maximum value to students as possible instead of another more lax approach. Overall it is a reasonably good experience throughout but the quality of experience a student can expect is far too reliant on the individual doing the leg work, as opposed to the education guiding them.

Charlie
10 Jun 19

Plymouth College of Art

Fashion Design (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

Hard work but if pays off. Creative, fun, knowledgable, supportive. It has a wonderful community feel. I would totally recommend. Even just come to an open day to see the facilities and feel the vibe.

Marnie

Plymouth College of Art

Film & Screen Arts BA (Hons)

I loved the experience of going out to lunch around the city spots close to College, the help available for in classes and around Campus or on trips, and the atmosphere of the College because it's focused on Creativity instead of Academics.