43 Plymouth College of Art reviews

• Plymouth College of Art
roxanne

Plymouth College of Art

loved my time so far at Plymouth college of art. its a small ish uni so you get to know the staff and they know you too. good resources as well loads of macs and so many books to look at as well as magazine subscriptions like vogue and aperture. there is also an equipment resource centre that offers loans on loads of equipment and some high end stuff to like the hassleblad cameras and basic stuff like canons and graphics tablets. plymouth is great to when its not raining.

K.A.

Textile Design BA (Hons)

the facilities, technicians and lecturers are truly amazing and everyone is so knowledgeable and friendly.. over covid times we have been sent stuff and the president of the su ran a food bank from her flat which was amazing. just feel really thankful and supported in my studies here, and would highly recommend the experience to anyone (all ages, genders, everything goes at art school!!)

Megan

Plymouth College of Art

My time in my final year at PCA, and overall to be quite honest, has been an absolute dream. Despite a global pandemic breaking the year up halfway through, with the incredible help and overwhelming support from PCA I was able to complete my final year to a standard I feel I still would have been proud of had I had access to the studios the entire time. It is the constant support from the college that I will take with me now that I have left, the tangible creative buzz you feel when you enter the buildings and the sanctuary of the studios. I have forged friendships for life here, learnt amazing skills I never thought I would be able to learn, and fallen in love with the South West at the same time. All I need to do to see the impact PCA has had on me is to look at my work from the very start of first year all the way to my final collection and to see the leaps and bounds I have progressed thanks to the journey I have had here and the constant pushing of myself supported by the tutors. PCA helped me achieve my dream of being able to create clothes and show at Gradute Fashion Week and I will be forever grateful for my time there.

Missy

Plymouth College of Art

I would recommend this uni to anyone. I have never loved education so much, and really have a family on the course. My friend goes to a prestigious art college and hasn't had such a high level of education or opportunities as I have.

Lucy

Plymouth College of Art

Illustration (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

Overall I love Plymouth College of Art. The location has everything you need as a student: night life, lots of high street shops, country side, the sea, good public transport, lots of parks and green space, a great range of cafes/restaurants. The community at PCA is great too as the university isn't too big so we are more close knit. Everyone who studies at PCA is creative and has an interest in the arts, so it's lovely to be surrounded by like-minded people.

N/A

Plymouth College of Art

Film & Screen Arts BA (Hons)

Over all wouldn't recommend at all, considered dropping out on several occasions and have come out with £27,000 in dept and now a lot of experience of knowledge.

Plymouth College of Art

Interior Design and Styling BA (Hons)

I had an amazing three years at PCA and was very sad to leave however I'm looking forward to keeping in touch and going back in the future. Applying was the best decision I have made and I'm so glad the course I studied met all my expectations and more. I never felt limited whilst studying at PCA and I'm so grateful for the opportunities I was given whilst studying there. The college has a great vibe and I loved studying and living with such a variety of creative people. I have enjoyed learning and collaborating with other students and feel I have had a well rounded experience studying at a creative art school.

Farrah

Textile Design BA (Hons)

I had an amazing time as always and I achieved so much especially the board of governors award. Everyone at the uni has helped and supported me throughout 3 years.

Jordan

Plymouth College of Art

It's been great. I've enjoyed myself at every step of the way. I've been supported by tutors whenever I've needed them and I've seen my art improve so much in the time I've been at uni

Charlotte

Illustration BA (Hons)

It's been so good that I don't want to leave! Feeling very prepared to begin my career and supported by the staff at from the Illustration Team. Wish I could go back and do it all over again!