Student reviews of Plymouth College of Art

23 Plymouth College of Art reviews

• Plymouth College of Art
Marnie

Film BA (Hons)

I loved the experience of going out to lunch around the city spots close to College, the help available for in classes and around Campus or on trips, and the atmosphere of the College because it's focused on Creativity instead of Academics.

Joseph

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Wonderful, loved every moment. All the lecturers were helpful always. They were always a massive help and always helped us further our ideas. All the staff and students were always great.

Kelly

Plymouth College of Art

Printed Textile Design and Surface Pattern (Extended Degree) BA (Hons)

University was probably the best three years of my life, I’m so glad I have got my degree and can’t wait to start doing things with it, the social side of it is a personal highlight as I’ve made friends for life

Jessica

Drawing MA

It was interesting and I felt I progressed further than I thought possible. With the help of the study skills department I feel confident to take my career in a new direction. The college allowed me all the access I needed and the small scale of the college provided a family atmosphere.

James

Photography MA

I have had the best time of my life. I have made friends that i am going to keep for a life time. I have built my skills and found my creative path. I had many paths i could have chosen and i am very happy i chose the Plymouth Collage of Art path. You only really get one shot at it. So make the most of it and enjoy your self. I know i did and have come out of it feeling great.

Maciej

Photography BA (Hons)

I have had really good time; now looking back I realise I could have gained even more; but that’s a lesson learned. It’s a great place to study. If you are interested in studying art subject; it’s a perfect place for you as you can feel the creative environment the moment you step into the college. You are surrounded by students and staff from art background and all the facilities are relevant to the subject you are studying.

Claude

Graphic Design BA (Hons)

Without attending PCA I would not be where I am today. I owe a lot to the lecturers and the opportunities that studying at PCA offered me. One thing I would say no matter where you attend, make sure that not only the location is right, but what the university can offer you in regards to support, equipment and opportunities as this will really determine the outcome. PCA can definitely offer all of the above.

Illustration BA (Hons)

Great memories, really helpful tutors, fantastic facilities and a great sense of community. glad I chose art school and not a generic university. makes all the difference.

Liam

Photography BA (Hons)

I didn't learn anything that was useful to my career. Everything I know about photography was self taught. Again, the ERC was great and allowed me to take on work without the expense of renting gear. Tuition was lack lustre

JH
James Halton

Photography BA (Hons)

My overall experience has been great. I have met so many people and made so many friends, it has changed me into a better person (at least I hope). I am also really happy to work for my university, it is very rewarding for me. Unfortunately, most of the positive experiences have come from sources outside of my actual course. My course has drained me mentally and has left me a person who rarely enjoys his craft (photography) anymore. I understand that an undergraduate degree is bound to do this no matter the quality of the course, but I feel that my course specifically requires attention to bring it up to the national standard and the standard of the university it is a part of.