45 Plumpton College reviews

• Plumpton College
Tamasine

Wine Production FdSc

There have been a few ups and downs with tutors changing part way through terms but overall the experience has been positive. I do think that during the induction process that students should be made aware that the time required to be actually on site jumps a lot in the second semester, as a mature student I have to work to fund my study and warning would have been helpful as my employer was understanding but it did cause a few issues.

JR

Wine Production FdSc

Good. Meets expectations and continues to develop my interest in the subject. I feel as though I should be properly equipped to proceed to industry on completion of the course.

James18

MSc Viticulture & Oenology

Lectures and academic studies have been useful and interesting Library resources and academic papers were useful and relevant Not enough practical experience included, especially in regards to viticulture Very little tasting provided during the course, would be useful for learning how to identify wine-making problems, wine-making techniques Poor student life

Fleur

Viticulture & Oenology BSc (Hons)

It's been a pleasant experience so far - the travel is long and expensive but my time here as been productive and interesting. The communication between teachers and pupils needs to be improved and so does the quality/quantity of equipment.. For the amount we pay on an annual basis I feel this has been seriously lacking from our course. Other than that I can say I'm pretty content.

LS
Lucy Sawyer

Plumpton College

International Wine Business BA (Hons)

Very enjoyable. The tutors are all excellent. I was originally doing a foundation degree but I am enjoying it so much I have switched to the Ba ( Hons). So I have chosen to spend an extra year there.

Viticulture & Oenology BSc (Hons)

Mixture of positives and negatives. Some useful teaching techniques, interactive learning etc. The decision-makers in the department don't appear as interested addressing issues as they could be.

V
V

Viticulture & Oenology BSc (Hons)

Vineyard practicals in the first year were good and constructive, and the same can be said for the third year industry practical module. Overall the quality of several other modules (in terms of materials, subject and delivery) is extremely poor, and the course suffers from some seemingly redundant modules. Winemaking practicals were very unconstructive and often unnecessarily stressful. There are however good tasting opportunities available, as well as some informative and well-organised study trips and a good student community ethic.

EC
Elle Chandler

Plumpton College

I have enjoyed studying at Plumpton College, however I would prefer more contact hours to spend more time on the subjects.

MSc Viticulture & Oenology

I’m happy with my experience. I’ve spent time in the vineyard and winery, produced two wines and feel like I’ve learnt a lot. There have been some problems with organisation but these have already improved since semester 1. The campus is rural so one challenge is transport. Many students drive in and parking can be a problem. This is a difficult question to answer as I’ve never done a masters before, nor have I studied postgrad at a college. Some students on my course are not happy but I think they are expecting to be handheld throughout. Some of the concepts are difficult, for instance there is a lot of challenging and complex chemistry, and not everyone has a background in chemistry. The biggest problem I have with the course is the negativity these people spread - and I’m not sure how the institution could help with this.

Anon

Applied Animal Behaviour and Conservation FdSc

Not very good. They removed routines in the animal management unit for my year, but they kept the course that was about the unit but we had no experience in it. Both course leaders we very good but my other teachers we not as good. Plumpton does not always listen to the students, so far they only listen about the common room but not other concerns