Oxford Brookes University | Student Reviews

1,258 Oxford Brookes University reviews

• Oxford Brookes University

Oxford Brookes University

Business Management and International Relations BA (Hons)

Experience has been a mix of good and bad. Certain aspects such as socials and last minute notifications make things very disruptive and unpredictable. But the uni has organized many support and activities for students during covid which I really appreciate

Jamie

Architecture BA (Hons)

I think it’s been good so far. I don’t think it’s worth the amount I’m paying. But don’t no any other uni experience. I think support could be better in some places like with the essays.

Sociology BA (Hons)

This academic year may not be the way I originally imagined but this academic year has been lovely. The university has allowed me to be independent and make decisions based on my own preferences and this I really appreciate.

Digital Marketing MSc

SUCKS

Mathematics BSc (Hons)

If I could go back in time, I wouldn’t choose Brookes. I spent three years here and in my third year I was given only the option to study all double modules. This put me at an automatic disadvantage in terms of grading. My three lowest grades at university were used against me. I WAS NOT TOLD THAT I GRADUATED. The university still hasn’t sent me the relevant post graduate information. I appealed my grades as I was unfairly disadvantaged. This was denied and I was addressed to incorrectly by the academic and student administrator, which makes me wonder if my appeal was ever reviewed as my name and title and displayed on my file along with my student id. How hard is it to get a gender correct in 2020? Not hard at all, there’s a big difference in writing miss and mr. Three years of hard work and they can’t even send out an email? Everyone I knew found out almost a month before I did. In general, extremely disappointed and quite ashamed to be associated to this university.

Carl

Historic Conservation MSc or PGDip or PGCert

I don't think it's value for money. The PGCert at Oxford University is enjoyable and well run and I would have happily left it there as there are many similar courses to the Oxford Brookes element which are free at IHBC and SPAB.

Tya

Oxford Brookes University

I have had a fantastic time here, the course is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone considering Law. It's a good city to be in and people will learn a lot of life lessons here.

Jordan

Business and Management Practice (Solihull College and University Centre) FdA

in a whole I have enjoyed my experience but the hours can feel better if broken up is my only criticism. and I feel like the college could benefit by spilting it up

ilija

Business and Management Practice (Solihull College and University Centre) FdA

for me to be part of these university it makes me very happy and honour .I have learn so many new things what i can use them in my life.I hope everything will go in perfect way for me.

Jake

Business and Management Practice (Solihull College and University Centre) FdA

So far the course has beaning enjoyable but intense. The amount of work required away from uni has slowly increased as the course has progressed and this appears to be continuing as the course progresses.