Open University | Student Reviews

53 Open University reviews

• Open University
23 Jun 14

Welfare, Crime and Society (DD208) Credits from The Open University

The Open University is all good until you need them to help you. I went to my exam but was too ill to write it. I flew to London to write the exam and returned to my home country on the same day. The university told me after I emailed them that I need 3rd party evidence from a doctor. I explained to them that a doctor in my country will not give me a certificate for something that happened in the UK. All they said is that they can no process my request. They did not offer me any help or suggestions. The moderator at the exam did not tell me to go and get a doctor certificate immediately after I leave the exam. NOTHING! So all i have done is paid and worked really hard for nothing. Like I said they are fine but once life gets in the way and you are unable to follow the general guidelines due to circumstances out of your control.. they will not offer you any help. All they want is your money and they couldn't care any less about you or your future.

Design for Engineers (T218) Credits from The Open University

Utterly unlike any other degree-awarding institution, the Open University deals exclusively in distance learning. Most students are mature, eager to bag a BA or BSc alongside their jobs, but younger students who want to avoid major debt or feel like they’re not quite cut out for a conventional uni experience are increasingly turning towards the OU... more detail All degrees are part-time, allowing students to hit the books wherever and whenever they feel like it. Courses are run via TV and radio programmes DVDS, CD-Roms and a host of swanky internet tools. Although, famously, ‘OU students do it by themselves’, tutors are available via phone or e-mail if support is needed. Teaching standards are

Elements of Forensic Science (S187) Credits from The Open University

Currently studying a forensic science short course. Would only recommend to the computer literate as getting help can sometimes be tricky to find. However, there is a wealth of resources online to help you including forums full of people in your position. Work load is very gentle for this short course and easily studies underneath a full time job. Books are sent directly to your home to make it impossible for you not to work your heart out. Highly recommend.