91 Open University reviews

• Open University
Holly

Open University

Criminology and Psychology (Q98) BA (Hons)

I was never cut out for brick uni so the OU has been a saving grace for me. It's hard at times but if it wasn't.. Everyone would do it. So far I am enjoying it. Its terrifying and I can feel isolated but the help is there If I ever reach out.

Holly

Open University

Social Sciences (Criminology) (R23-CRIM) BA (Hons)

I haven’t found the course very engaging or interesting, however the layout of the study materials has been really easy to follow and there’s been lots of support available from the university if needed. Because the Open University is always provided online the experience hasn’t really been impacted by the pandemic and I still feel like you are getting the same value for money as before.

Jane

Open University

Psychology (Q07) BSc (Hons)

Flexibility of studying from home was very good. Quality, frequency and content of tutorials is very poor and causes lots of stress. Module content - statistics as mandatory when you have no intention of working in this field is a huge bind (driven by BPS as opposed to OU). Uni could do soooo much better that it does today - def on a further decline so chose wisely...

Dan

Open University

Natural Sciences (Biology) (Q64-BIO) BSc (Hons)

The Open University is designed to be completed around working a job, I believe it allows this greatly. You are given a large amount of freedom with how you complete each module, also there are many tutors and support staff to assist you.

Olivia

Law (R81) LLB (Hons)

It’s been alright considering covid but little to no interaction with tutor is a bit difficult. Also tutors take quite a while to return work so hard to get ahead if you need to.

Nicola

Open (Combined Studies) BA/BSc

Very good and would recommend to other prospective students. The tutors and and student services are very helpful throughout your degree which is really appreciated.

Alyssa

Open University

Mathematics and Physics (Q77) BSc (Hons)

They have been great so far. It's the perfect way for me to attend university given the current circumstances and also personal circumstances. So I wouldn't have asked for it any other way.

Maria

Open University

Combined STEM (R28) BSc (Hons)

Experience varies a lot depending on module and designated tutor, some more supportive than others. Overall seems ok so far. You need to be very good at making a schedule for your studies as you are fully responsible to follow the weekly schedule to get everything completed on time.

Tim

Open University

Computing and IT (Q62) BSc (Hons)

My experience this year has been very dull, uninspiring and frustrating. I feel like I am wasting my time and have been ripped off. I can't really think of anything good to say about them other than that I will be finished very soon.

Open University

Cyber Security (R60) BSc (Hons)

Considering the open Uni charges the same fees as a brick uni they are a bit of a joke tbh. You'll be sent books at the start of every term and just expected to get on with it. Little support is offered from tutors who will quite happily just ignore you for the whole term. All the modules contents need to be brought into the 21st century and digitised.