Nottingham Trent University | Student Reviews

3,410 Nottingham Trent University reviews

• Nottingham Trent University
Megan

Nottingham Trent University

Overall, my university experience has been mixed. I enjoy the academics, the independence, the facilities etc. However, when I first started university I wasn't able to get a space on any university ran accommodation. I looked independently and found private, university accredited halls, where I lived for the first year. I struggled to make friends during my first year and didn't find anyone to gel with. I was struggling with the social aspect and didn't know where to go to find help. This lead to me living at home during second year as I didn't have enough friends similar to me to house share with and couldn't afford the prices of private accommodation again. Another aspect was money. As I received the minimum student finance, I had to get a part-time job to fund food etc. This ruined my first year a little as I had less time to socialise etc. This is another reason as to why I stayed at home during second year.

Cristina

Biochemistry BSc (Hons)

Despite the few lecturers who could put some effort into teaching and lack of uniformity for assignment marking & feedback; I am very happy with choosing STEM @ NTU. Most lecturers (95%) go above and beyond to help students with any questions/problems, if you ask, you most likely will get. They really do show great knowledge and flexibility to teaching. As any person who teaches, you will find that they have their own style and will probably want things done one way over another; and that requires flexibility from the student to adapt to teaching styles. And Do, please Do speak up and communicate your wants/frustrations because you will be heard. The Student Support Services are outstanding and they helped me on many occasions. From a motivational chat when I felt down to disability support. No uni is perfect, and I surely am happy with my choice.

Oakley

Product Design BA (Hons)

Very good university experience, a buzzy nightlife with lots of clubs and bars. lots of fun meeting new people and creating memories that you will never forget.

Stella

Nottingham Trent University

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

I love NTU. I've gotten here through clearing but was more than pleasantly surprised once I started here and I'm really happy to have done my degree here. The uni is well equipped, the staff is very helpful, and the campuses are beautiful.

Nottingham Trent University

International Business BA (Hons)

I love my course in Nottingham Trent University. They have excellent educational and extracurricular facilities. The university has different facilities to help students about any kind of problem that they face during there course. I will highly recommend other people to choose Nottingham trent University.

MA Interior Architecture and Design

My personal score is 7to10. Strong point are all buildings, specially the Library, which is amazing. However, it is really loud due to the education of people that study there.

Julian

Nottingham Trent University

Ecology and Conservation BSc (Hons)

I settled into uni life and life in a new city very quickly. It was my first time leaving home which gave me a lot of independence and I’ve found my course really fascinating! The uni offer a lot of help and services and make settling in very easy. I’m happy with the events and giveaways they do.

James

Nottingham Trent University

Politics and International Relations BA (Hons)

I have enjoyed both the course and the extra-curricular activities. Nottingham is a good city to live in and the university feels like it is part of the city.

Nottingham Trent University

Health and Social Care BA (Hons)

Overall my experience has been good and I have made some new friends and I am enjoying the course. I have joined a few societies, which gets my out of my accommodation and meeting new people. I like the fact there are places near to eat and drink and socialise. This university is close to transport links and not far from home.

Temi

Nottingham Trent University

Biomedical Engineering MEng (Hons)

It's been fun especially in the first year more time to explore and get involved in a variety of things, societies, sports and even out of university challenges.