Nottingham Trent University

4,609 Nottingham Trent University reviews

The annual Whatuni Student Choice Awards (WUSCAs) highlight the incredible work carried out by institutions for their students. Each year we send a team of review collectors to university and college campuses across the length and breadth of the UK to gather student reviews. Students can also participate by filling in an online review form. Over 30,000 students participated in this year’s WUSCAs, making Whatuni the UK’s largest source of real, honest, student reviews.

• Nottingham Trent University
GF
Gemma Francis

Youth Work BA (Hons)

I have come away from this experience a better person than when I started, my growth has been amazing. Being at uni during covid 19 was awful but the uni and lectures still made every effort to support me. The support I have received, not just from lectures but from the institution as a whole has made this experience for me life changing.

RB
Rafaelle Baby

MSc Equine Performance, Health and Welfare

Best aspects: the support and opportunities offered are unreal. Everything is focused on giving you the best studying experience possible. Worst: the social life is not accessible to all campuses

1 people found this helpful

JC
Jade Carrington
First gen student

Biological Sciences BSc (Hons)

The facilities are fantastic and so is student life, I think NTSU has played a huge part in this with their events and involvement with societies. The only thing I can mark NTU down on, if I had to be picky, is their location of the Clifton campus, it is a little far out from the city centre and not in the best of areas however the campus look and feel and the student support makes up for this, as well as the transport links to and from campus. The campus buildings are very well kept and everything is very high tech and modern. The reason why I chose to study at NTU is because of its reputation in the east midlands and its forward thinking teaching and they have proven that my decision was the correct one.

NE
Nikkie Ellis

Health and Social Care BA (Hons)

It’s a great place to study as they support your learning with a wide range of resources

CH
Chloe Haslam

Media Communications and Culture BA (Hons)

It’s a great uni, great location! Although I wish all lectures were face to face, but I understand Covid has altered the way we are taught.

Molly

History BA (Hons)

For the most part, I've really enjoyed studying at NTU. Much of my first year was online which was quite underwhelming, but this has definitely improved since returning to campus this year. I mainly study at the Clifton campus which is about a 20-minute bus journey from Nottingham City Centre using the #4 NCT bus. This arrives on campus roughly every 10 minutes which I find really useful as a commuter student. Most of the buildings on the Clifton campus are quite modern though some really could do with a revamp to make using the facilities there more appealing! Both the Clifton and City campus libraries have excellent facilities though do tend to get quite busy but I find it is better to avoid peak times and go in earlier or later in the day - there are plenty of other places to study across the campuses too. In regards to student life, I think it really depends on what you want out of the student experience but the university is quite good at providing something for everyone. There are plenty of opportunities for paid and voluntary work from NTU and the NTSU which I have found rewarding and have helped to improve my CV. The NTSU does tend to run a lot of clubbing/party events which is good if you want the typical "student experience" but they do run a few smaller social events such as trips and crafts too. They also have societies (which are ran by students) which are good for meeting people with similar interests. The NTSU takes student life really seriously and runs the university-wide course representative program to get student feedback to help deal with a variety of issues.

1 people found this helpful

JO
Josefina Ochoa Navascues
First gen student

Environmental Science BSc (Hons)

Best is basically they treat you like the human being that you are, they are preoccupied about your mental health, and also take into consideration that you have more life apart from university. Worst would be how far uni is from the city centre, as my campus is at Clifton.

MB
Molly Broster

PGDip Barristers Training Course

More space

HL
Harriet Lewis

History BA (Hons)

Amazing support but the campuses are spread out which can be a pain!

FK
Fisyani Khumbo Kaluwa

MSc Finance

The quality of lecturers is not up to the standard I expected. Too much content being covered in a short space of time.