Student reviews of Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (formerly Northbrook College and City College)

32 Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (formerly Northbrook College and City College) reviews

• Greater Brighton Metropolitan College (formerly Northbrook College and City College)
JA
Josh Attwood

Theatre Arts (Lighting and Sound Design) FdA

My college experience was one of long hours, hard work and great fun! If you want something enough you'll put the effort in and what you will get back from the system is everything you need to soringboard into the real world.

AH
Andy Hunt

Theatre Arts (Stage and Production Management) FdA

I’ve loved all aspects of my course & feel it will give me such a good grounding for when I graduate. I will be sad to leave as I’ve made so many great friends. I’m sure we will all cross paths again at some points. This course really is great & offers such a strong grounding for working professionally in the industry.

Theatre Arts (Musical Theatre) FdA

The experience has been positive, I have gained a lot of experience and had a lot of opportunities within the course to improve and work towards being the best that I can. It is very much about how much work you as an individual wish to put in, if you are passionate enough about what you are doing you will excel here.

PL
Pippa Lowen

Theatre Arts (Stage and Production Management) FdA

It has been good overall. Up and downs to be expected as the hours are long and a lot is expected of you. The training given is of a high standard and prepares you well for your career.

KL
Kim Logan

Theatre Arts (Musical Theatre) FdA

Overall I have learnt and developed many skills that I know will help me in the future. I have throughly enjoyed my 4 years at Northbrook after also being on the level 3 course. We have given opportunity to perform at a variety of professional venues including at the excel centre in Move It! (Dance exhibition)

PW
Phoebe Woollett

Theatre Arts (Musical Theatre) FdA

Over my time so far here I’ve developed hugely as a person and a performer. I’ve learnt more about myself and my abilities and have been able to get a more realistic view of my future, meaning I can start to plan this while still studying. I’ve made amazing friends and connections and learned valuable skills needed for the industry. This is really drama school training at a university price - the training is absolutely up to standard and I feel confident that after I leave here I will have the skills to pursue a career in this industry.

RC
Rob Cannard

Theatre Arts (Lighting and Sound Design) FdA

I have been here five years, starting with college level, I came in not knowing anything about the theatre world or about theatre tech in general and now five years later, I’m confident, keen, ready and prepared for the real world within the theatre industry. This is thanks to the tutors pushing me, helping me and guiding me through the right directions. I would definitely recommend this course at this college to other people.

Joseph

Theatre Arts (Lighting and Sound Design) FdA

My time at Northbrook was very enjoyable. The tutors and staff were very friendly and made everyone feel comfortable. All the students on the course were very passionate which allowed everyone to work to the best of their abilities and improve over time.

Aimee

Theatre Arts (Musical Theatre) FdA

Overall I have learnt so much since starting my course. Not only have i grown as a person but as a performer and I now have to confidence to improve on my skills and my self every day!

Holly

Theatre Arts (Musical Theatre) FdA

So far I am having the best time and I’m excited for what’s to come for the rest of the year and next year! All my expectations have been for filled and I would highly recommend this UNI for growing performers looking to enter the theatre industry!