Greater Brighton Metropolitan College

• Greater Brighton Metropolitan College
KL
Kim Logan

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

Overall I have learnt and developed many skills that I know will help me in the future. I have throughly enjoyed my 4 years at Northbrook after also being on the level 3 course. We have given opportunity to perform at a variety of professional venues including at the excel centre in Move It! (Dance exhibition)

RC
Rob Cannard

I have been here five years, starting with college level, I came in not knowing anything about the theatre world or about theatre tech in general and now five years later, I’m confident, keen, ready and prepared for the real world within the theatre industry. This is thanks to the tutors pushing me, helping me and guiding me through the right directions. I would definitely recommend this course at this college to other people.

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

The experience has been positive, I have gained a lot of experience and had a lot of opportunities within the course to improve and work towards being the best that I can. It is very much about how much work you as an individual wish to put in, if you are passionate enough about what you are doing you will excel here.

PL
Pippa Lowen

Stage Management and Technical Theatre BA (Hons)

It has been good overall. Up and downs to be expected as the hours are long and a lot is expected of you. The training given is of a high standard and prepares you well for your career.

JM
James Marshall

Acting BA (Hons)

The overall feel is very welcoming and encouraging. I’ve been supported with all my enquiries and requests, and the staff in the LRCs are also incredible and very knowledgeable.

EA
Emily Apsey
First gen student

Costume for Performance and Film BA (Hons)

It has a really good atmosphere and look on the inside and outside. I study at the Northbrook campus and the staff are lovely. I will say the campus I'm at, the location is not the best as it's on the outskirts of Worthing so it's a little annoying to get to. All staff at the campus have been lovely and helpful. Personally for costume our rooms are a little unpleasant and shoddy but it has a nice feel for us. It has lots of facilities, many rooms for what you need - I know photography have quite a bit. We have a fairly big canteen, a little shop with snacks and sweets and the staff that work there are also lovely. In the other campuses I'm not sure as I haven't been to them yet but if the Northbrook has all this I'm sure the rest will.

PW
Phoebe Woollett

Musical Theatre BA (Hons)

Over my time so far here I’ve developed hugely as a person and a performer. I’ve learnt more about myself and my abilities and have been able to get a more realistic view of my future, meaning I can start to plan this while still studying. I’ve made amazing friends and connections and learned valuable skills needed for the industry. This is really drama school training at a university price - the training is absolutely up to standard and I feel confident that after I leave here I will have the skills to pursue a career in this industry.

AH
Andy Hunt

Stage Management and Technical Theatre BA (Hons)

I’ve loved all aspects of my course & feel it will give me such a good grounding for when I graduate. I will be sad to leave as I’ve made so many great friends. I’m sure we will all cross paths again at some points. This course really is great & offers such a strong grounding for working professionally in the industry.

AB
Adam Baker
20 Jun 19

Do yourself a favour and go to another college which is organised, has finances and care about their students. This college felt like a low cost money making scheme, designed to speed through the education process as quickly as possible with little to no help from any teachers. Work was unmarked from the start of the course and when it became time to give grades to universities it was not possible. A great deal of stress was endured by everyone, our questions were left ignored and has resulted in around 40% of the class dropping out

JA
Josh Attwood

My college experience was one of long hours, hard work and great fun! If you want something enough you'll put the effort in and what you will get back from the system is everything you need to soringboard into the real world.